Best and most resourceful manager in recent La Liga history?

Best and most resourceful manager in recent La liga history?

• Joaquin Caparros

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Diego Simeone

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Pep Guardiola

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Quique Flores

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

BXI Fútbol

Pellegrini no question, I also agree with the person who mentioned Pepe Mel and Paco Jemez, Jemez especially deserves some plaudits.

sukhy

In terms of resources, Pellegrini has had less to work with and has achieved a hell of a lot. Guiding Villareal to the semi finals and this season with Malaga, has been pretty special work by anyones standards. Even at Madrid, they got 96 points and he was given a squad that was thrown together and hadnt had any time to gel. Alot of players in that Madrid side werent up to standard, Drenthe, van der Vaart, a young and overweight Benzema, an over the hill Raul, Kaka, just a real mish mash squad and he did well, made them very solid and they sacked him unceremoniously, he didnt deserve that, he's a class act. I'd love to see him at United after Fergie retires.

winda

emery for me. what he did for valencia was masterful. how he still managed to place them on 3rd after selling their superstars year after year were amazing. miss him in liga.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Bielsa should be in options as well

For la liga???? He has no place on this list whatsoever. He did well at Athletic last year (even though the entire squad and groundwork was laid out by Caparros and all Bielsa did was take over from where he left off). All he added was some of his tactical sense to make them a bit better as a unit. Even then he has managed to screw them over entirely this season as he is partially responsible for the sales of Javi Martinez and Llorente. Plus the form Athletic have been in all season has unsettled many other players as well. He took credit for a lot of Caparros's work last season and then he completely unraveled and destroyed the team this season. So not only has he not been in la liga for a good amount of time to be considered, he's done pretty badly. That's why I left him off of the options list.

Ketoth

Will barcaforum ever lose the habit of comparing a present/former member of Barcelona FC with members of other football clubs in the polls?

Home of Barca Fans