Best Barca game under Guardiola

goope

What do you think?

If you look at the overall teamperformance, the interaction of the players and how they outplayed the opponent.
I'd say the CL final 2011.
Xavi himself said he never had so much fun on the pitch and I think that fits with my theory that it was their best game ever under Guardiola.

E

estranged

I think Pep said our 1st half performance against Arsenal at the EMirates in the 2009/10 CL was the best he saw, though I disagree since the half ended 0-0 lol.

IMO the 5-0 was the bets Barca performance under Guardiola. The CL final should also be up there but imo the manita gets it.

Yugi

1. La Manita
2. CL Wembley
3. 2:6 on Bernabeu

I also enjoyed Messi´s 4 goals against Arsenal, destroying Arsenal this season too etc but these matches were just monumental

goope

I understand that you like important wins like the CL or against Madrid.
But I didn't mean important games, I just meant games of superiority.

The Cl final and the manita where truly great games. But the 6-2 for example wasn't the third best game of Barcelona under Pep. It was great if you look at the result but there were many games where the opponent got outplayed even more than in the 6-2. I think Pep is right if he values the Arsenal game over the 6-2 if you only look at the team performance.

E

estranged

I just meant games of superiority.

Same thing man. I was watching the manita recently and i honestly do not remember many games of football where the opposition was raped so badly. I mean if you mean superiority then you can take an 8-0 against Almeria or some small team but the 5-0 was against Mourinho's Madrid. To be honest if you watch the game again you can see that Barca could even have won 6-0 or 7-0. At times the Barca players were just fucking around with Madrid, doing step overs and back heels in the middle of the park lol. In terms of superiority it has to be the manita no doubt.

impeh

Hi, its me..
imo the 5-0, messi didnt even score.

but probably Wembley, as people finally realised how good barca are (mainly our awful uk press).

impeh

Hi, its me..
imo the 5-0, messi didnt even score.

but probably Wembley, as people finally realised how good barca are (mainly our awful uk press). Thats the only reason i like playing UK teams..

Manuel Traquete

Overall game - La Manita

Best half of football - 4-0 against Bayern in 2009, the first half was just tremendous, the best I've seen under Pep.

But overall, it must be La Manita. Utterly destroying Moudrid in that way is special, I'll never forget the night of November 29, 2010.

oggmar

Overall game - La Manita

Best half of football - 4-0 against Bayern in 2009, the first half was just tremendous, the best I've seen under Pep.

But overall, it must be La Manita. Utterly destroying Moudrid in that way is special, I'll never forget the night of November 29, 2010.

I agree with the Manita, not just because we played brilliantly but also because it was vs Real Madrid. Also, I love your articles on Bleacherreport, keep up the good work!

Frequency

5-0 from obvious reasons. The game was not just superior because of the result, but the atmosphere and performance. Most people were expecting an even fight after a long time, it was believed overall that Real is really close to us and we can expect a draw or a minimal win. It's not just that it was Mou's biggest loss and a total surprise, but, like it was written in press, we did it our way.

Manuel Traquete

I agree with the Manita, not just because we played brilliantly but also because it was vs Real Madrid. Also, I love your articles on Bleacherreport, keep up the good work!

Thank you, I've started writing for TotalBarca recently as well :)

Yeah, the manita must get the nod because of the occasion and the opponent. But to me the Bayern game is a close second, that first half was some of the best football I've ever seen. The Germans were so thoroughly dismantled that Ribéry was crying after the match.

Home of Barca Fans