Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Costa

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Just about the best player in the league together with Bale.

Eh, maybe it's the bias speaking but I wasn't that impressed, he played well but not nearly the level he's playing right now. And even if my memory is serving me falsely, my point in that Ibra carries weaker teams better remains the same.

ammarfcb

ze special one
its a hard one to answer tbh. you can't compare without taking into account ibra's past and you can't ask yourself who would i want in my team? cause suarez is younger.
ibra's technique is unrivaled but suarez's dribbling is a joy and a half. suarez is a better chance creator and drives the attack where ever he is, ibra is the perfect target man.

for me suarez's raw intensity and love for winning - wins it. i have high hopes for our duo in the cl because of this, they love winning soo much.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If you want a player to carry your front line then Ibra is your man...

It kinda sounds like you think he's just a goalscorer. Even though he's practically what people call a false 9. He's just as good at creating goals as he is at scoring them.

I'm not saying he's "just" a goalscorer because he definitely is more (Lewa and Falcao would be just goalscorers). Whenever he gets the ball he can create or score (rather spectacularly) but he isn't the one who brings your attacking play to life the way Suarez does. Any forward line is driven by dynamic players (someone who is mobile, carries the ball forward, etc.) and makes that transition from buildup->final third. Ribery and Robben do that for Bayern, Messi and Neymar for Barca, and Suarez for Liverpool. The thing with Suarez (and Messi) is that he plays that role as well as scoring. Ibra isn't mobile enough to bring the play forward like that, but whenever he has the ball he can do and often does something amazing with it. Ibrahimovic is like a target on steroids with a huge variety of abilities, Suarez is a dynamic attacker on steroids.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Lewandowski on his best day is very impressive, his first touch is Berbatov-esque sometimes :lol: not joking, liking his style.

pEllee

I'm not saying he's "just" a goalscorer because he definitely is more (Lewa and Falcao would be just goalscorers). Whenever he gets the ball he can create or score (rather spectacularly) but he isn't the one who brings your attacking play to life the way Suarez does. Any forward line is driven by dynamic players (someone who is mobile, carries the ball forward, etc.) and makes that transition from buildup->final third. Ribery and Robben do that for Bayern, Messi and Neymar for Barca, and Suarez for Liverpool. The thing with Suarez (and Messi) is that he plays that role as well as scoring. Ibra isn't mobile enough to bring the play forward like that, but whenever he has the ball he can do and often does something amazing with it. Ibrahimovic is like a target on steroids with a huge variety of abilities, Suarez is a dynamic attacker on steroids.

Well, he practically brings Sweden to life all by himself but sure -- I understand what you're trying to say.

I don't really agree that you need dynamic players to carry the ball forward to make the transition from buildup to final third though. He's carried plenty of teams that lacked those players. PSG from last season being one of them.
Perhaps having those players is the difference between a good forward line and a great one but that's another discussion. :)

footyfan

Calma, calma
If you're excluding Messi and Ronaldo, you need to exclude Suarez and Ibra too. Neither of them are out and out strikers. I'm going with Van Persie.

ammarfcb

ze special one
some one has something to say:

Gerrard (Liverpool): "Messi and Ronaldo are world class players, but *Ibrahimovic and Luis Suarez are pushing those two really close."

Ghost

some one has something to say:

Gerrard (Liverpool): "Messi and Ronaldo are world class players, but *Ibrahimovic and Luis Suarez are pushing those two really close."
Neither show up in the big games, unlike Messi and Ronaldo.

L

linetty

some one has something to say: Gerrard (Liverpool): "Messi and Ronaldo are world class players, but *Ibrahimovic and Luis Suarez are pushing those two really close."
Not even close. Maybe Suarez, but still.

Pepe Silvia

You just haven't seen Suarez or Ibra play this season then. They truly have closed the gap. Not saying Messi at his most explosive isn't leagues ahead of the rest, it's just that he isn't showing that all the time for whatever reason and the rest are like pit bulls off the chain at the moment.

ammarfcb

ze special one
Neither show up in the big games, unlike Messi and Ronaldo.
where the international success at
copausa.jpg

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans