Boxing

ajnotkeith

Another thing. After the trilogy, neither wilder nor fury are the same fighters.
The Fury that fought Wilder wasn't a good version of Fury. He was more offensive, yes, but also very vulnerable to punches, which is a trend that continued till now and resulted in him losing today.

The best form of Fury was the super slim one which fought Klitschko and spoiled all fight... he was difficult to hit back then. After his weight ballooning and subsequent return he has never been as good.

fergus90

You guys were told!
You pulled up a comment from two years ago.

Fury has spent the last last two years since that comment was made getting fat again and having one exhibition against a non boxer and giving his mate Chisora a payday.

I was glad he lost, he’s been insufferable with all the disrespect he showed Usyk.

ajnotkeith

You pulled up a comment from two years ago.

Fury has spent the last last two years since that comment was made getting fat again and having one exhibition against a non boxer and giving his mate Chisora a payday.

I was glad he lost, he’s been insufferable with all the disrespect he showed Usyk.
I think it was nerves.
He said some time ago when Usyk was still at cruiserweight that the only person he could see himself losing to in world boxing was Usyk.
All the dosser, small man stuff was an act... he knew Usyk was a threat and was trying to psych him out.

Could see it in his eyes. All weird before the fight and doing that weird smiling and funny faces.

Alternatively, Fury has never really reached his peak again, I don't think, his peak was when he beat Klitschko in Germany, the abuse of his body during his depression phase I think permanently affected him. He was a very reflexive and athleticism based fighter and even being that bit slower has made him a lot worse.

Porque

Thought Fury was bossing the fight until the broken nose took his soul. Then that round 9 which could/should have easily been stopped. Yeesh.

Bring on the rematch!

fergus90

I think it was nerves.
He said some time ago when Usyk was still at cruiserweight that the only person he could see himself losing to in world boxing was Usyk.
All the dosser, small man stuff was an act... he knew Usyk was a threat and was trying to psych him out.

Could see it in his eyes. All weird before the fight and doing that weird smiling and funny faces.

Alternatively, Fury has never really reached his peak again, I don't think, his peak was when he beat Klitschko in Germany, the abuse of his body during his depression phase I think permanently affected him. He was a very reflexive and athleticism based fighter and even being that bit slower has made him a lot worse.
Yeah, the showboating in the fight looked like nerves to me too. I have to give him kudos though as he did give Usyk his lumps too especially rounds 4-7 when he did start to take control and also showed great powers of recovery when I’m certain Usyk had him cold on his feet. So it does take two to tango as they say.

He also needs to tell his dad to stay at home if he does fight again, Sugar Hill and Andy Lee were barking instructions and his dad was just talking over them :lol:

Windhook

IMO Usyk and Fury are the greatest fighters of this generation. One must fall.

R9 was crucial. Although Fury didn't go down it's KD still that weighed in on the cards.

Prime Fury was ofc the one who beat Klitschko. But post-depression fat Fury which we saw vs. Wilder was helluva motivated beast.

The thought of a rematch is exciting. Depends on whether Fury motivates himself or goes back to harming his body.

fergus90

It's a real shame Beterbiev and Bivol was postponed as that promises to be another huge fight. The Saudi atmospheres are a bit dead but at least it's actually getting these fights made.

Total-Football

It's a real shame Beterbiev and Bivol was postponed as that promises to be another huge fight. The Saudi atmospheres are a bit dead but at least it's actually getting these fights made.
That fight needed to happen tonight . That's the fight we all want actually.

Home of Barca Fans