Cesc Fàbregas

L

linetty

Whaaat... Their defenders are barely making any movement, that team is even worse than HJK

He will be back to his old self in a few.

JamDav1982

Just wait until the second half of the season..

Dont just go along with this idea that he was poorer in the second half of seasons - go and have a look at why he became less effective -

First season at Barca he was as good in second half as first.
Second season at Barca he was switched to play as a false nine when Messi got injured.
Third season - Tata tried to fit in all three of Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc which worked for none of the three.

Wait and see, he will be fine in second half of this season.

spark

I wonder if these snarky comments will continue all season. He doesn't play here anymore, surely his haters can move on with their lives instead of looking like petty school children every other week.

JamDav1982

I wonder if these snarky comments will continue all season. He doesn't play here anymore, surely his haters can move on with their lives instead of looking like petty school children every other week.

Exaclty, can imagine a different reaction had Rakitic/Rafinha scored a goal like that against a poorer Helsinki team. They would have been hailed as gods!

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Dont just go along with this idea that he was poorer in the second half of seasons - go and have a look at why he became less effective -

First season at Barca he was as good in second half as first.
Second season at Barca he was switched to play as a false nine when Messi got injured.
Third season - Tata tried to fit in all three of Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc which worked for none of the three.

Wait and see, he will be fine in second half of this season.

That's not true. Even in his first season here, his form dropped quite a bit. Many didn't mind because it was his first year back.

As for the second, Messi was injured in April. Fabregas' level of performance began to drop around February. He did recover some of his form in May, to be fair.

And in the third, he did just fine until February. Even in games where Xavi or Iniesta were either rested or injured, he failed to deliver. Take a look at his stats:

cesc-stats-season_1.png

Also, have a look at his performances: http://www.whoscored.com/Players/8040/Fixtures/Francesc-Fbregas

It's sad he gave up though, cause I liked him. Had he stayed, I don't think that Xavi would've (maybe a blessing in disguise). That way he would finally get a chance to make the midfield his own, but it never turned out that way.

JamDav1982

That's not true. Even in his first season here, his form dropped quite a bit. Many didn't mind because it was his first year back.

As for the second, Messi was injured in April. Fabregas' level of performance began to drop around February. He did recover some of his form in May, to be fair.

And in the third, he did just fine until February. Even in games where Xavi or Iniesta were either rested or injured, he failed to deliver. Take a look at his stats:

cesc-stats-season_1.png

Also, have a look at his performances: http://www.whoscored.com/Players/8040/Fixtures/Francesc-Fbregas

It's sad he gave up though, cause I liked him. Had he stayed, I don't think that Xavi would've (maybe a blessing in disguise). That way he would finally get a chance to make the midfield his own, but it never turned out that way.

Why have those stats only covered domestic league games? That does not cover all the games he played.

It doesnt take into account that in general how much tougher games are in the second half of the season nor does it take into account how many games/minutes were even played.

Could you give similar stats for say.. Iniesta and Sanchez?

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Why have those stats only covered domestic league games? That does not cover all the games he played.

It doesnt take into account that in general how much tougher games are in the second half of the season nor does it take into account how many games/minutes were even played.

Could you give similar stats for say.. Iniesta and Sanchez?

Here are all his stats from the previous season plus how many minutes he played (I can't find his stats from his first two seasons):

http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/players/player=70072/domestic/

His stats in the CL:

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/8040/History/Francesc-Fbregas

In 26 appearances where he started 20 games and got subbed on in 6, he got 3 goals and 4 assists. Disappointing IMO and doesn't really help his case.

Why would it take that into account? Those are the same criteria for everybody else. Of course it gets tougher in the second half of the season - that's where all the title winners are found.

I don't know if you know this, but Iniesta isn't a player who excels on stats like goals and assists, bar his 12/13-season. Despite of that, he still has a higher average rating than Cesc on WhoScored.

You and I both know that Sanchez' last season with us was his best where he participated in 43 games (Liga+CL), scoring 19 goals and assisting to 11. But why bring these two into the discussion? This is about Cesc.

However, if you want their stats split in halves of the seasons, I can do it some other time. You can also do it yourself, most of it is there on WhoScored.

JamDav1982

Here are all his stats from the previous season plus how many minutes he played (I can't find his stats from his first two seasons):

http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/players/player=70072/domestic/

His stats in the CL:

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/8040/History/Francesc-Fbregas

In 26 appearances where he started 20 games and got subbed on in 6, he got 3 goals and 4 assists. Disappointing IMO and doesn't really help his case.

Why would it take that into account? Those are the same criteria for everybody else. Of course it gets tougher in the second half of the season - that's where all the title winners are found.

I don't know if you know this, but Iniesta isn't a player who excels on stats like goals and assists, bar his 12/13-season. Despite of that, he still has a higher average rating than Cesc on WhoScored.

You and I both know that Sanchez' last season with us was his best where he participated in 43 games (Liga+CL), scoring 19 goals and assisting to 11. But why bring these two into the discussion? This is about Cesc.

However, if you want their stats split in halves of the seasons, I can do it some other time. You can also do it yourself, most of it is there on WhoScored.

I have looked and his stats do not drop as drastically in second half of season in all competitions over the past few years.

They do drop and part of that in not one of those seasons was his position in the team kept consistent before and after xmas.

I am sure he is second only to Messi in stats in the second half of the season the past three years although would need to double check.

It is almost as if he would be appreciated more if his stats were better than average in the first and second half of season. He would get more praise for that than being exceptional stats in first half and still very good stats in second.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
It is almost as if he would be appreciated more if his stats were better than average in the first and second half of season. He would get more praise for that than being exceptional stats in first half and still very good stats in second.

Agreed completely, people's perceptions are altered just because of him not doing so well at the end of the season. For the record, he was 5th in goals and 1st in assists last season (30 goals directly involved, compared to Alexis's 36, Pedro's 28, Neymar's 26), and 3rd in goals and 4th in assists the season before (26 goals directly involved, compared to Villa's 24, Alexis's 23, and Iniesta's 27).

Jadentheman

A more direct team like Chelsea is already making him preform better. Chelsea fans are happy as am I.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans