Cesc Fàbregas

F

Flavia

What a season Fabregas is having. 2 goals in 12 assists in 17 League games. 4 goals and 16 assists in 21 games in all competitions.

He had 9 goals and 11 assists by the 17 liga round, last season. His problem was always the 2nd half of the season.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I'm not expecting him to set the world alight in the 2nd half of the season, but I think consistently being played in the same position will help a bit. Can't totally blame him for fade outs at Arsenal, they fade out doesn't matter who's in the team. Messi or Ronaldo couldn't get them to win the league.

Galning

Fàbregas will always do amazing in the EPL, there he has all the time and space he so desperately needs. When put under pressure his turtle nature appears.

B

BrianSwan

Fàbregas will always do amazing in the EPL, there he has all the time and space he so desperately needs. When put under pressure his turtle nature appears.

So you think he'd do badly at Real Madrid? lol

B

BrianSwan

It's amazing how you can come to this conclusion after my previous statement.

Well it seemed like you may be blaming the league, since you mentioned the EPL specifically. It's a Barca problem, not league.

Devils

It can be interpreted as disrespectful to his ex-colleagues, but he just voiced what we ourselves have been whining about all along. So, save the outrage.

It's not true at all.

The likes of Neymar, Bravo, Xavi, Alba, Bartra, Masch have all been really good this season.

Leo is obviously the stand-out player and deserves praise, but to say that the team is Leo plus 10 others is completely disrespectful, especially since most of them were his colleagues/friends.

F

Flavia

Well it seemed like you may be blaming the league, since you mentioned the EPL specifically. It's a Barca problem, not league.

Which Barça problem? Cesc never had problems stat-padding here, his overall game that lacked a lot.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It's amazing how you can come to this conclusion after my previous statement.

Which Barça problem? Cesc never had problems stat-padding here, his overall game that lacked a lot.

I kind of agree with Brian, but I would maybe not call it a "problem". Cesc best position is AM, he needs space, he needs somebody to give a (direct) pass to in a dangerous position - we on the other hand slowed down our play, our opponents got into bus parking positions, Messi dropped down into AM, Cesc had absolutely nobody to give a pass to since our wingers where out wide (and didn't cut in) and Messi was in Cesc's lap. I would argue that Cesc would be a much better fit in RM than Barca. But while I do agree to some extent with Cesc, I think he should talk less.

Last edited:
Did someone really just say you have more time on the ball in the Premier League? The most aggressive, fast paced League in Europe? What world are some of you living in? Alexis for example hasn't been getting dispossessed this much since his Udinese days.

Alexis has 13 goals and 6 assists and yet you call him overrated. Double standards?
Cesc is playing a much deeper role and his style of play is actually conducive to winning football.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

EPL is more aggressive and physical, but less mature tactically so being creative in EPL is easier. Hardly anyone can park bus there and teams, who immediately bullrush anyone, who gets the ball actually make themselves more vulnerable against playmakers like Cesc or Silva. Even likes of Bojan bosses his Stoke, because it's full of aggressive lumberjacks and coal miners, who play their football after their day job shift.
And although he maybe should talk less, Cesc is 100% spot on. Messi creates 3/4 of all goals for Barca. Without him it would be mid table team by now. And yes, Chelsea have changed their style quite drastically. I don't think current Barca would dominate them in possession if they met in CL.

Home of Barca Fans