Champions League 2017/18

LosBlancos

Bayern are an experienced team, they are not going to be pressing like crazy early on for a goal and leave themselves overly exposed.

Seems like Nacho is going to play, nice.

Would like to see 442 with Vasquez/Asensio on the wings, Kroos + either Luka or Casemiro in the middle, and Ronaldo with Benz up front.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Got a bad feeling about this. Lewa got a lot of bad press from the last game. I feel it's his time to score the goal to take them through. Or multiple ones. We never do well holding onto a result. Will end something like 1:3

serghei

Got a bad feeling about this. Lewa got a lot of bad press from the last game. I feel it's his time to score the goal to take them through. Or multiple ones. We never do well holding onto a result. Will end something like 1:3

:lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
Wolfe's account must have been hijacked by Morten. ;)

Morten had a doomsday scenario in his head even when we were about to win the Duodecima.

But people are really underestimating Bayern:
1) There is not a single lead we held onto when facing these circumstances under Zidane
2) This Bayern is better than either of the two previous iterations
3) No fully fit or on-form RB against an in-form Ribery
4) Benzema will probably have to start to give us even a slightest chance of getting something out of CR tonight. Doesn't work when he's not there. But it means we'll be down to 10 men from the start.
5) Keylor is a liability
6) Lewa literally faced criticism from every possible direction. Even Bayern legend like Kahn admitted he was underperforming. Nothing better to motivate a guy like him.
7) This is still the same team that had loads of decisions go against them last year, so they have a chip on their shoulder.

BarçaBarça

Morten had a doomsday scenario in his head even when we were about to win the Duodecima.

But people are really underestimating Bayern:
1) There is not a single lead we held onto when facing these circumstances under Zidane
2) This Bayern is better than either of the two previous iterations
3) No fully fit or on-form RB against an in-form Ribery
4) Benzema will probably have to start to give us even a slightest chance of getting something out of CR tonight. Doesn't work when he's not there. But it means we'll be down to 10 men from the start.
5) Keylor is a liability
6) Lewa literally faced criticism from every possible direction. Even Bayern legend like Kahn admitted he was underperforming. Nothing better to motivate a guy like him.
7) This is still the same team that had loads of decisions go against them last year, so they have a chip on their shoulder.

I agree with every point, very logical and rational - but you forget one thing: Zidanes black voodoo magic!
I'm talking about the magic that makes sure that otherwise great players always bottle it against you guys, and how the linesman/ref are always a little too slow so they can't see the tough offside etc. We have seen it time and time again, and therefore I'm not expecting any result from Bayerns side in the end. Maybe until '85, but not when the game is over.

I think it might just be the calmness and convincingness of the team, they really don't believe they can lose overall no matter what, so they don't in the end. In other teams the nerves get to them, and they play worse under the immense pressure.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Don't hope for much but if does happen we can celebrate. Bayern have too many injuries to deal with and lewa is MIA. It would be very hard to overturn the leg now. With their full team I think Bayern are actually better than real this season. Probably the best team in the Europe.

Home of Barca Fans