Champions League 2022/2023

Who will win the CL?

• Total voters

serghei

Unless Pool manage to win 1 more PL and 1 CL in this and next year, history won't look at them too favorably

Trophy haul is simply too low to stack up against other great sides.

Ship has already sailed for them in that regard. Not a truly great side.

serghei

I would love to see Napoli, Porto or Benfica going to a semifinal. Nice attacking teams playing good stuff.

fergus90

Porto probably going to get their annual European mauling by Liverpool. Swear they play them every season.

malvolio

I would love to see Napoli, Porto or Benfica going to a semifinal. Nice attacking teams playing good stuff.

Odds are that some dark horse will emerge as semifinalists/finalists. Too many new comers this year in the KOs + the big teams will be more affected by the WC.

Don't know why everyone is hyping Bayern. They are worse than last season.

Real still the team to beat.

Andresito

Staff member
Draw probabilities

wsrop0y22mx91.png

JerseyAddict

Please let PSG get Bayern. So the "new kids on the block" see the strength of old powerhouses. Fuckin fake oilers... I hope Bayern trashes them.

ajnotkeith

People are heavily misreading Bayern.
Reminds me of days before the 2-8 when 5 out of 6 comments here were like "Bayern are hyped and not that good", and then LOL happened

Being complacent in a league they can win any time if they up their gear says nothing.
They have improved tremendously on last season, and Nagelsman is putting everything together
Their attack this season is scary and much less predictable without Lewa.
Sane, Coman, Mane, Gnabry and Musiala constantly interchanging positions and causing havoc to any defense, while Kimmich orchestrates from deep like no other.

He is an astute tactician, and even in games he found it difficult (Barca at Allianz for instance) he made all necessary adjustments to turn it around.

They are favorites on my book to win CL this season.
Right now they are better than everyone, even City.
Long way to go, but if CL was ending now they would have won it.

I really like Nagelsmann. Admittedly I don't know much about his work pre-Bayern but from what I've seen from them this and even last season, despite Villarreal KO, and in this CL group I've been really impressed with how they play and the adjustments he makes. This Bayern so far is playing nice fluid attacking football, and he seems to be tactically very sound.

Chief example in question, the 2nd half in the first game we played and then the return at Camp Nou. It's clear that he quickly adjusted to our scheme, especially in the second leg, and identified all our weaknesses pretty easily - in the 2nd game they were missing a bunch of key players but didn't even allow us a shot on target. Their team that night was no better than ours or at most slightly but made us look like a pub team.

I would have them as up there for CL favourites, the only issue is the team has been pretty inconsistent at times under him but on a good run of form they can win it.

Home of Barca Fans