Champions League 23/24

Who will win CL this season?

• Total voters

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Im chilling in Dortmund guys, it's full here with Dortmund fans and also saw a few PSG fans 🤣 I think Dortmund wont lose today but they will get destroyed in Paris :(

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Yeah. They were set up well. Bellingham rodrygo were invisible. Camavinga as well after he came on.

Crazy how below par invididual performances never seem to cost real. Other players will always step up. Or opponent [+{^ pants

I swear dude thought the same, ham and Rodyrgo flopping but somehow they still manage not to lose in Munich lol

Horatio

You're welcome
I don't think he is much faster than Busquets, definitely one of the slower players in a big club.
I changed my argument bit to bring somewhat feeble point across better. Now deleted post lol.

Athleticism is not just pace buddy. You know as well as anyone. Might not be much faster but definitely more athletic than busquets. Kroos has explosiveness to him still that has him intercept passes or steal ball within 5 meters

Also way higher jump and 3x shooting power.

Anyway, for the which era was more athletic, think there is something to be said about not seeing players with busquets profile light footballing world on fire anymore nowadays. Can’t think of a weaker player honestly. Don’t know which side of argument is true tho. I err more on side today football athletically more demanding

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I think there is more talent in the Madrid side than Ancelotti sets them up to showcase.

He’s obviously a great man manager but he’s very much happy to rely on individual brilliance and moments.

Safe dude, the last time i saw them playing well under Carlo was in 2014 and 2015

These days luck, ref and individual birrliance saving this man

Under Xabi they could explode

serghei

I think there is more talent in the Madrid side than Ancelotti sets them up to showcase.

He’s obviously a great man manager but he’s very much happy to rely on individual brilliance and moments.

Too much is being made out of talent imo. Ancelotti has them organized at all times during the match. They can absorb pressure very effectively and hit on the counter with precision passing from midfield and clutch offensive actions.

Madrid and City have been by far the best teams in the last 3-4 years. The rest aren't that close to them.

It takes a special performance to have such a robust Madrid side in trouble from positional play situations. That type of team is not around at the moment if City has a subpar season like this one.

Positional football doesn't have any inherent nobility or quality, and is also subject to evaluation. The sensation of domination can often be false and misleading, built on thin arguments. It is true that positional football if done amazingly well is second to none in terms of being the total package of success, but very few teams manage to do that.

Last edited:

Birdy

Don't tell that to the clowns who support Xavi here.
I still think Bayern have a chance. Need to be more clinical and ref has to be unbiased. Same with VAR.

Bayern have a chance only because it's Thomy Tuchel.
Otherwise, the difference in individual quality of the two XIs is stark
If you remove Kane, Kimmich, Musiala and Sane from that Bayern yesterday the rest is EL level XI
Contrary to Madrid who are stacked in quality apart from RB position and GK now with Lunin

Birdy

Morten, if you think Kroos today is the least atheltic player you can find, think about how much more atheltic the Kroos of today is compared to the Zidane of 2002 or the Pirlo of 2005

serghei

A bit sneaky to go out of way and look up a statistical overview that replaces shots on target(was in bayern favour) with big chances cause its more convenient for narrative but then will do vice versa next time

It's quite normal for a team that plays counter attack predominantly to have fewer shots on target.

It's the usual quality vs quantity discussion. A top attacking team that dominates the game should have both more quality and more quantity in terms of chances being created. If they concede more clear chances than they create... that's a big issue. The 1st goal Madrid scored for example was by far the biggest chance of the game.

Home of Barca Fans