Champions League 23/24

Who will win CL this season?

• Total voters

JustZanetti4

You guys seen this shit?

This is where Arsenal fans were sent to watch the match vs PSV in Eindhoven.

:lol: What is wrong with these countries? Absolutely unacceptable.

117a86ae-0e4d-48d8-b71b-9e1efda4d36d.jpg
Was the same thing iirc 10-15 ago with Chelsea fans at Camp Nou.

serghei

Yes, it was far away, understandable on Camp Nou, but they were put in a cage with nets and plexiglass walls everywhere?

Kul_z

Lets talk about the draw. Who do we want? Personally i'd like qsg so that we avoid humiliation of exiting the competition against some minnows. Qsg are thrash but atleast you can accept that mbappe kicked us out

Andresito

Staff member
Draw is today at 12.00 CET on uefa.com btw. Many of these opponents will be tough for Xavi but if I could choose I'd avoid PSG and Inter. We are in desperate need to go through to the next round to be able to qualify for the new edition of CWC which guarantees €50m just for participating (iirc).
ucl_seeded.jpeg

ucl_unseeded.jpeg

Messi983

Draw is today at 12.00 CET on uefa.com btw. Many of these opponents will be tough for Xavi but if I could choose I'd avoid PSG and Inter. We are in desperate need to go through to the next round to be able to qualify for the new edition of CWC which guarantees €50m just for participating (iirc).

Not sure even qualifying to QF would be enough to guarantee us a spot in CWC. We have to get ahead of Atletico in UEFA 4-year coefficient ranking.

So more important short term would be to get 10m to qualify for QF. Plus some additional money from selling tickets etc.

Porque

You guys seen this shit?

This is where Arsenal fans were sent to watch the match vs PSV in Eindhoven.

:lol: What is wrong with these countries? Absolutely unacceptable.

117a86ae-0e4d-48d8-b71b-9e1efda4d36d.jpg

View is decent atleast. Away sections j for Villarreal is even worse.

Andresito

Staff member
Not sure even qualifying to QF would be enough to guarantee us a spot in CWC. We have to get ahead of Atletico in UEFA 4-year coefficient ranking.

So more important short term would be to get 10m to qualify for QF. Plus some additional money from selling tickets etc.
Yeah I wrote about this last week. That ranking only seems to take CL into account though, is that how CWC ranking will be calculated? We received 15.000 points in 21/22 according to uefa.com meaning we're only 1 point behind Atleti otherwise.

If it's CL coeff only then we're probably already fucked lol.

Messi983

Yeah I wrote about this last week. That ranking only seems to take CL into account though, is that how CWC ranking will be calculated? We received 15.000 points in 21/22 according to uefa.com meaning we're only 1 point behind Atleti otherwise.

If it's CL coeff only then we're probably already fucked lol.

That's how I understand it but could be wrong.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

ucl_seeded.jpeg

ucl_unseeded.jpeg

PSG is the only oppenent which is too strong for us atm, don't underrate Leipzig Sito dude they are incredible strong too and from these teams the easiest team would be probably PSV.

Andresito

Staff member
That's how I understand it but could be wrong.
Yes you're correct, it was actually confirmed only yesterday. https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/to...ncil-confirms-key-details-club-world-cup-2025

In the case of European clubs, given that three full seasons and a full group stage of the fourth season of the UEFA Champions League have already been completed, and since UEFA has an existing club coefficient system, the current pre-existing methodology principles for the purpose of calculating the UEFA club coefficient in relation to matches in the UEFA Champions League only will be exceptionally applied to determine the ranking of European clubs for the FIFA Club World Cup 2025™.

The approved methodology for the ranking of European teams is therefore as follows:

• 2 points for a win
  • 1 point for a draw
  • 4 points for qualification for the group stage
  • 5 points for qualification for the round of 16
  • 1 point for progress to each stage of the competition thereafter

So we're 7 points behind Atleti. Qualifying for QF in the best way (2W and Atleti lose both games) still won't be enough, which is very sad for a club of Barca's stature. Those two games against Shakhtar and Antwerp were costly.

Home of Barca Fans