Champions League 23/24

Who will win CL this season?

• Total voters

FCBfan22

Seeing these two play, I'm baffled why we are so convinced we can't be good enough to compete for the CL.

All this shows you is anything can happen in the knockouts and the perceived gap can narrow significantly.
Because we have been useless in Euro cup competitions for some time now. Will remain of the same opinion until proven otherwise. It's a mentality thing.

Sorin

Seeing these two play, I'm baffled why we are so convinced we can't be good enough to compete for the CL.

All this shows you is anything can happen in the knockouts and the perceived gap can narrow significantly.
But these 2 teams have actual world class managers. We have Xavi.

Joan

That’s because other teams usually step up in the CL. With Barca, it’s usually the opposite. Call it mentality if you will.

But we definitely should be able to compete against most teams. And anything can happen over two legs.

That’s down to the manager too.

serghei

Lol. Do you see any of these teams playing with 16-18 year old players, several of those starting at once? :lol: That is why.

ajnotkeith

Lol. Do you see any of these teams playing with 16-18 year old players, several of those starting at once. :lol: That is why.
We arent doing that because we dont have experienced options, were doing it because they are the best available.
We have Kounde, Araujo and Inigo for CBs... not playing with Cubarsi because we are desperate and all out of CBs or something.

Moot argument.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lol. Do you see any of these teams playing with 16-18 year old players, several of those starting at once. :lol: That is why.

I always find this talk a bit weird considering the two U21 players who will start for us are better than the experienced options Inigo Martinez and Raphinha/Ferran.

FCBfan22

We can beat both of those with right tactics. Atleti, for example, are leaving acres of space in front of their box during defensive phase. Plus their midfield is useless defending the transitions.

Sorin

We arent doing that because we dont have experienced options, were doing it because they are the best available.
We have Kounde, Araujo and Inigo for CBs... not playing with Cubarsi because we are desperate and all out of CBs or something.

Moot argument.
Christensen too. Not to mention that we had Raphina playing on the left while an actual left winger warmed the bench.

Brain dead argument by serghei

Joan

What @ajnotkeith said.

Besides, those two youngsters were among the best players on the pitch yesterday. If we’d lost, one could hardly fault them.

At the moment, we are weakened by injuries but there’s a decent squad there and a better manager would get much more out of it.

serghei

Moot argument.

I mean experienced and good. Romeu is experienced but shite. He is not like Koke lol. Inigo wouldn't start for any of the last 8.

Messi983

How do we stand in that CWC bullshit? Is there a table?

Home of Barca Fans