Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

I feel numb. One of the worst nights in our history. I just feel both anger sad. I honestly can’t believe it.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. For them to do another Roma to stop a potential treble in Madrid, celebrating at La Cibeles, against a tired injury ravaged Liverpool?? The worst I can remember in 25yrs a fan.

raskolnikov

Tough to wake up like this. Got drunk yesterday, hoped it was all a dream. Noped season ruined...
To go out like this is unbelievable. Extremely dissapointed when you get your hopes up. If you lose a final its one thing but to be footballs laughing stock bottling it two seasons in a row is hard to take.
Off to work, sigh. Fuck football

THE day after

It stil make me sick how they lost...........no ❤️ And no wil to win.
Man am sick to lose like this.

De defence was (again) the weakest of the season. Alba was a 0. Rakitich nowere to find. sergio busquets And Pique go to retairment. Coutihino and Osama sale to the highest bidder. Man what a discrease. We need ❤️�� players with the wil to win and not to come for the money. And valverde......he is good, but to win this type of matches you got give extra power and coaching. He lost the controle.

My suggestion to get 4 next season:
- de Ligt to improve defence. Together with Umtiti they rule
- let Alba and Semedo play as back not any body else. Whe don't got good backs.
- whe got de Jong ����. Sell sergio busquets with ramifications. And let evolve riqui pui on the midfield.
- sell every atacker except Messie and Suares. The rest stinks. Get Hazard or Mbappe en 2 good/medium players. No more pathetic pore losers.

Sell suggestions:
- Jeison Murillo
- Thomas Vermaelen
- Piqué
- Arthur
- Kevin-Prince Boateng
- Busquets
- Coutinho
- Rafinha
- Sergio Roberto
- Ousmane Dembélé
- Malcom

slvtn

The second year in a row. Nothing learned from that Roma match. I'm completely fine with Liverpool, but losing the final against freaking Tottenham will be another facepalm.

LucasHernandez

Beyond shocked to see you guys go out, I was honestly expecting at worst Liverpool to prevail 3-1 or 2-0.

A few critical points to take from tonight:
- As already stated by numerous others, Ernesto Valverde is COMPLETELY out of his depth- both in terms of tactics (not starting Semedo and Arthur, lack of any intensity or press, playing a narrow 4-4-2 at 4 goals down, etc...) and man management. If he had any decency, he would resign at the end of the season.

- There is no denying that Suarez put up an underwhelming performance tonight (the same can be said about his previous CL matches). That being said, I think some of the criticism he has been subjected to has been uncalled for- remember he's approaching the age of 33 (he can no longer maintain the intense runs he did in his debut season). I actually felt for him out there- aside from Messi, he was genuinely one of the few players out there tonight who was actually trying his best...

- This upcoming summer, the Barcelona board MUST do everything in their power to acquire a tactical and competent manager who can make the club a force to be reckoned with in the CL.

- Anybody criticizing Messi is utterly clueless- he was without a doubt Barca's best player on the pitch (virtually every of Barca's chances came through him). Unfortunately, his teammates failed to turn up...

- Make no mistake, Liverpool absolutely deserved to win today. It has to be said though, the officials let them get away with LOTS of rough fouls throughout the match - Fabinho could have easily seen a red for his reckless challenge on Suarez in the first half (Robertson and their midfielders Henderson and Milner also got away with tons of cynical fouls).

Even though I am a Atletico supporter, I am actually quite saddened by today's result- I can't stand premier league fans (their extremely arrogant, especially Liverpool fans) and was really hoping that the Spanish clubs could sustain their dominance in Europe.

By the way, this is my first post ever at this wonderful forum!

utility73

What an utter embarassment. Going into the second leg with a 3:0, already a pretty lucky result considering how the first match went. Then your opponent, while world class in full strentgh, is missing their two best offensive players. Then they even lose their LB at half time who is also immensely important for their playstyle. And then those fucks in Blaugrana manage to concede three fucking goals in the second half and again like against Roma apart from maybe one or two players do not even try to fight back.

They were killed off by Origi and Wijnaldum FFS !!

That such a squad manages to produce such a blunder, and not for the first time is all on the Retarded One.

El Flaco

Beyond shocked to see you guys go out, I was honestly expecting at worst Liverpool to prevail 3-1 or 2-0.

- As already stated by numerous others, Ernesto Valverde is COMPLETELY out of his depth- both in terms of tactics (not starting Semedo and Arthur, lack of any intensity or press, playing a narrow 4-4-2 at 4 goals down, etc...) and man management. If he had any decency, he would resign at the end of the season.

- There is no denying that Suarez put up an underwhelming performance tonight (the same can be said about his previous CL matches). That being said, I think some of the criticism he has been subjected to has been uncalled for- remember he's approaching the age of 33 (he can no longer maintain the intense runs he did in his debut season). I actually felt for him out there- aside from Messi, he was genuinely one of the few players out there tonight who was actually trying his best...

- This upcoming summer, the Barcelona board MUST do everything in their power to acquire a tactical and competent manager who can make the club a force to be reckoned with in the CL.

- Anybody criticizing Messi is utterly clueless- he was without a doubt Barca's best player on the pitch (virtually every of Barca's chances came through him). Unfortunately, his teammates failed to turn up...

- Make no mistake, Liverpool absolutely deserved to win today. It has to be said though, the officials let them get away with LOTS of rough fouls throughout the match - Fabinho could have easily seen a red for his reckless challenge on Suarez in the first half (Robertson and their midfielders Henderson and Milner also got away with tons of cynical fouls).

Even though I am a Atletico supporter, I am actually quite saddened by today's result- I can't stand premier league fans (their extremely arrogant, especially Liverpool fans) and was really hoping that the Spanish clubs could sustain their dominance in Europe.

Great post mate!

Welcome to this forum btw :)

JPM85

Kudos to Liverpool. Forced a toothless Barça into mistakes and absolutely deserved the win. Looking forward to Ajax being Champions of Europe, though full strength Liverpool with Firmino and Salah back will be tough. Honestly, will probably be a more entertaining Final without this Barça side in it.

Worst play of the game was Alba's back pass to Messi with a 3v1/4v2 break on and the goal gaping. WTF!!!? Just fucking put it in the net, or at least give it to the unmarked man on your left (Coutinho).

That, and his defensive errors...smdh

The moment Alba made that pass to Messi on the 3v1/4v2 break, I knew this game would turn into a shit show.
Messi is never dispossessed when he is 'on'.

The game mentalitity had been wrong from the start.
Most shoking is that c*nt Valverde, repeating that it's all but played and he learned a lesson from Roma.
No, you didn't, you f*ck! You put 3 dead slow DM in midfield, who are not going to press Liverpool until they are 30 meters away from our goal.
You put a lazy shit Coutinho in LW, who hasn't done shit this 1,5 years wearing our shirt. You know we need speed, so put Malcom there for counter.

It's crazy that it takes an Atletico fan to point this out. I have already seen Barca fans hoping Liverpool win the final even after all their disgraceful behaviour this week. Barca fans (not this forum particularly) come across as apathetic and unpassionate and then they wonder why this transforms to the team. There are already Barca fans on twitter hailing Ronaldo and shitting on Messi, as many here do as well. I sometimes envy teams like Atletico with smaller but far more loyal, passionate fanbases.

cro-man

Last year the squad wasnt rested enough. Whats our excuse today? Lets face the reality this squad is not good enough. Valverde needs to go but that wont change anything if the next clown does use the same squad over and over again. The only solution is that we need to sell and force the ones we want to keep to warm the bench.

I dont want to shit too much on valverde because he is shit but nobody forced alba to play his most awfull game this season for example. We dont only need someone who can rest alba we need someone who can and will fight for his place.

Well done team. We are now the laughing stock of europe.

Home of Barca Fans