Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

Devils

I saw a Liverpool fan waiting in line behind me at the market today. I made sure to bring out my phone and put on the highlights of Barca destroying Liverpool.

Dude was visibly shook when i turned on those highlights.

Lmao.

KingLeo10

I saw a Liverpool fan waiting in line behind me at the market today. I made sure to bring out my phone and put on the highlights of Barca destroying Liverpool.

Dude was visibly shook when i turned on those highlights.

Lmao.

So, Zincubus shops at the same places you do. I'd be wary.

:messi:

Gari

Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah will have a head injury assessment tomorrow to decide whether he can face Barcelona or not. [telegraph]

JerseyAddict

2 days. 48h. Pending.
I am do fucking on the edge.
If only we score first.
I will get a heart attack if we repeat Roma shittery.

Givenchy

its a huge shame we are without Dembele.. i doubt EV would of played him anyway but during the first 15min or so, we could really use his pace on the counter as we'll be under a shit ton of pressure. Coutinho is just going to get bullied off the ball so its like playing with 10men, i actually hope EV goes 442

i think if we concede in the first 10 we are in for a rocky ride, it scares me how slow our team are. EV will set us up to absorb which is a terrible idea without pace to hit them with on the break.. hope for an early Barca goal to kill the tie asap

booge

its a huge shame we are without Dembele.. i doubt EV would of played him anyway but during the first 15min or so, we could really use his pace on the counter as we'll be under a shit ton of pressure. Coutinho is just going to get bullied off the ball so its like playing with 10men, i actually hope EV goes 442

i think if we concede in the first 10 we are in for a rocky ride, it scares me how slow our team are. EV will set us up to absorb which is a terrible idea without pace to hit them with on the break.. hope for an early Barca goal to kill the tie asap

mate it is like playingn with ten men. but there is malcolm and with him it's 11 men on the pitch
Valverde too dumb

Centauri B

What has OD done recently to merit starting in a CL semi?

Also, why do you fear Pool so much? I am sure you were one of those in here who thought that Pool would trash at home. Roma scenario is not happening again, we are far wiser and far better prepared this time. Messi & Suarez can kill them off on the counter, along with Alba and/or Vidal.

Givenchy

What has OD done recently to merit starting in a CL semi?

Also, why do you fear Pool so much? I am sure you were one of those in here who thought that Pool would trash at home. Roma scenario is not happening again, we are far wiser and far better prepared this time. Messi & Suarez can kill them off on the counter, along with Alba and/or Vidal.

Dembele hasn't been great i think we can all agree with that, last week that miss at the end really pissed me off but he offers something we lack sorely upfront - pace. Coutinho will turn into a ghost after 20mins or so, I would rather try Bob there

I said something like 'i can see this ending up like the Bayern stuffing' before the 1st leg and im happy i was wrong. I don't fear Liverpool so much as i fear the way we set up under EV. look at the way we usually start away games, even against a poor United team we almost shit ourselves, cant afford that vs a quality team like Liverpool

i will say though, in the first match Valverde did change Bob around and put Semedo at RB when it became obvious we were getting fucked down that side so theres hope hes learned

Centauri B

Dembele hasn't been great i think we can all agree with that, last week that miss at the end really pissed me off but he offers something we lack sorely upfront - pace. Coutinho will turn into a ghost after 20mins or so, I would rather try Bob there

I said something like 'i can see this ending up like the Bayern stuffing' before the 1st leg and im happy i was wrong. I don't fear Liverpool so much as i fear the way we set up under EV. look at the way we usually start away games, even against a poor United team we almost shit ourselves, cant afford that vs a quality team like Liverpool

i will say though, in the first match Valverde did change Bob around and put Semedo at RB when it became obvious we were getting fucked down that side so theres hope hes learned

Our CL away games this season have not been bad at all in general terms. Our first away CL game was against Spurs, we beat them handsomely. Second away game vs Inter, was one of our best games of the season, without Messi. PSV were better than us away, but we still won 1-2. Against Lyon we were pretty good, very unlucky to come only with 0-0 draw. Against United we had some poor spells, but that game came after our Atletico game, and United had 8 days of rest before that. We still won 0-1 with United having zero shots on target. Now we are facing the strongest possible opponent, but we are well prepared, we lead 3-0, and they should be more tired. It's looking good for us.

malvolio

its a huge shame we are without Dembele.. i doubt EV would of played him anyway but during the first 15min or so, we could really use his pace on the counter as we'll be under a shit ton of pressure.

this one was always going to be tricky. dembele would have most likely squandered possession and put them on the counter first. don't know if that was a gamble to be taken at the start of the game. if it's 0-0 at ht and liverpool is tired/frustrated you might want dembele on for lightning counters.

FC B

Motivated Messi is murderous on the counter. Give him a bit of space and you're dead.
Anyone of Suarez, Malcom (if he is subbed on) Vidal, Rakitic, Alba and indeed, Coutinho are candidates of receiving great balls from Messi and finishing Pool off. They just have to take them.

Coutinho, Suarez, Messi, this will surely by the starting trio so apart from Messi who is still pretty fast and very technical we have two turtlets to counter with out of which Coutinho is also in shit form.... And Malcom will surely be just a sub who maybe will get to play after 70th minute, at best.

Last edited:

raki

The Gods are with us. By gods i mean Messi.

They have no chance with Shaquiri, Origi and Mané.

Makes sense. Medical protocol for concussion is minimum 6 days out.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans