Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

PacoBJuarez

He hasn't before so I don't think he would do so now, and I wouldn't like that system anyway. Coutinho is best with Arthur there at LCM, any other system he's shown to struggle.

In this version of the 4-4-2 Busi-Raki in the middle play static and hold our structure, Vidal roams around hustling/moving to win duels or attack space in offense. Roberto and Alba stretch the pitch on the flanks and bomb forward on counters. Messi in the middle orchestrates the entire offense with all those guys around him.

IMO, that looks like our best system when Arthur/Dembele are not playing (which, I doubt either of them will for the rest of this CL campaign tbh).

Yep, that sounds about right. I agree it's unlikely, thanks for your input. Guess we just have to wait and see if that's the lineup. I could totally see him starting Coutinho and not Semedo again, unfortunately.

jairzinho

Nothing is certain but the odds are in our favor by a mile. I'd like to see us shooting more and not looking for a pass everytime.

Centauri B

Without Salah and Firmino, to me the most important lineup change I want to see is Semedo starting to counter Mane. I feel like shutting him down should be our #1 priority, and it's clear Semedo is more equipped to do so than Sergi. If we move Roberto up on the right and play a defensive 4-4-2, I'm fine with that... but I definitely feel like Semedo should be starting at right back.

Semedo should be starting. That much became 100% clear in the first leg.

Liverpool fans shooting fireworks outside the hotel at 4am

Its butt **** time.

We really need to shut them up ASAP tonight. Come on Messi!

Aye. It's as if Roma didn't happen only a year ago with the same limited coach and pretty much same team we have now.

This limited coach and this team are leading us to heights hitherto undreamed of in world football. So there's that.

We are on par for a TREBLE and people are still complaining? What the fuck is wrong with you? Can’t we live in the moment and enjoy this magical run we are on?

Visca Barca!! 3-1 win upcoming!

I suspect some are not too much of genuine Barca fans, they have different agendas.

this also proves that you only need to perform at an outstanding level for 4 matches in order to win this competition + maybe a fair share of luck.

Maybe even less than that to be honest. An easy GS, some good draws in the early KO rounds and a couple of good-to-great games when you meet a really tough team, will do the job. Even if you have consecutive tough draws, some luck or ref decisions can carry you through (see: Real Madrid over the past 3 seasons)

and that with this horrible squad! all thanks to the living god Messi:rockon:

This is absurd. There's no way a team can have the success we are having, due to just one player, even if that player is the GOAT (which Messi clearly is) There is no such thing in football. Neither Maradona nor Messi can perform such miracles, football is the definition of a team sport.

We should expect this team to wrap it up. If we somehow bottle it I will ve more dissapointed than vs Roma to be honest.
This tie very similair to Bayern in 2015. Just qualify!
We are due a final

We did not play well against Bayern away. Bayern had lots of chances before we scored and also scored 3. I expect a better performance than that.

I hope Salah will be in the starting XI.
This is CL and is more beautiful playing against the better players.

We played big CL games without Messi/Iniesta/Eto'o/Abidal etc. Newbies Liverpool (who on the back of a couple of good seasons have become hyper vocal) should realize how tough it really is being a super club that fights for both a tough league and the CL.

FCBfan22

Decided to watch this with my friends in a bar, but will still try to pop into the chat here or there.

So...

LETS FUCKING SHOW THOSE MADRID PRICKS THAT WE CAN GET TO THE CL FINALS TOO, BECAUSE WE ARE BARCEFUCKINGLONA. WE CAN WIN AGAINST ANYBODY. LET'S END THIS DROUGHT AND LETS GO TO WANDA FUCKING METROPOLITANO. LETS SHOW THE WORLD THAT ROMA WAS AN EXCEPTION. LETS SHOW THE WORLD OUR TRUE COLOURS ONCE FUCKING AGAIN.

VISCA EL BARCA!
:barcascarf::barcascarf::barcascarf::barcascarf:

:barcaflag:

Devils

Roberto ahead of Semedo fffffsss

Guess GOATverde wants to give fans a good match tonight instead of eviscerating Liverpool at will.

Gari

D5-0yAfWAAA2XmG.jpg
Barça bench: Cillessen, Umtiti, Vermaelen, Semedo, Arthur, Aleñá and Malcom.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans