Champions League

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah... seems to have that mental edge that Croatians and Serbians have for some reason, even though it's early. This one is not one that is gonna hide and sulk in big games it seems.

Maybe we'll sign him in two years unless we find a solution at the striker position till then :lol:

serghei

Villareal is such a nice team. Very underrated. No wonder they won the EL and beat United. Have to say that La Liga ain't bad at all.

serghei

Maybe we'll sign him in two years unless we find a solution at the striker position till then :lol:

I think with no Vlahovic and Haaland, the road to get a pivot strong 9 is down the toilet. We'll need to accept that crosses will be our plan B, not our plan A. And work on quick combinations more.

Although Xavi sure likes his crosses it seems :lol:.

DonAK

Anyone following that Chelsea game please do tell how Jonathan David is doing.

Turning into the Liverpool v Arsenal game now.

serghei

Xavi football is perfectly tailored for a player like Lewandowski, Harry Kane, Vlahovic, or Haaland. Someone to dominate the box and pin down defenders.

Temptation

I think with no Vlahovic and Haaland, the road to get a pivot strong 9 is down the toilet. We'll need to accept that crosses will be our plan B, not our plan A. And work on quick combinations more.

Although Xavi sure likes his crosses it seems :lol:.

Lewandowski links are getting stronger day by day. He's probably the best at dealing with crosses.

Maybe that's why Xavi....

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Christensen injured. Not too impressed with the 30 minutes or so he played. Passing is good, has some speed but kind of easy to be beaten by a defender. Vulnerable is the word, I think.

Temptation

Xavi football is perfectly tailored for a player like Lewandowski, Harry Kane, Vlahovic, or Haaland. Someone to dominate the box and pin down defenders.

Not Haaland. Haaland is different. He's more like Vardy.

Don't let his strength and physique decieve you. He isn't that at all.

He runs in behind and stuff. He's pretty weak in tge air and at hold up

serghei

Not Haaland. Haaland is different. He's more like Vardy.

Don't let his strength and physique decieve you. He isn't that at all.

He runs in behind and stuff. He's pretty weak in tge air and at hold up

Haaland could easily get that part of his game, has all the physical tools. Remember Ronaldo and how he was a target of jokes at United because his aerial game was shit?

Temptation

Haaland could easily get that part of his game. Remember Ronaldo and how he was a target of jokes at United because his aerial game was shit?

Bro Ronaldo was always strong in the air. That leap was natural to him.

He was mocked for his nonexistent end product earlier.

He was a pure winger back then. Wingers are never scrutinized for their aerial ability.

I think you are mixing him up with someone else here...

serghei

Bro Ronaldo was always strong in the air. That leap was natural to him.

He was mocked for his nonexistent end product earlier.

He was a pure winger back then. Wingers are never scrutinized for their aerial avility.

I think you are mixing him up with someone here...

You're telling me someone of Haaland's physique can't be great in the air? Just because Dortmund play something else doesn't mean shit. In the end players adapt all the time to the specifics of their teams.

Temptation

You're telling me someone of Haaland's physique can't be great in the air? Just because Dortmund play something else doesn't mean shit. In the end players adapt all the time to the specifics of their teams.

I was talking about your Ronaldo point.

Haaland can definitely improve himself in that. I'm just saying his instincts are very different so far and it'll take time to mould him into that.

DonAK

Haaland is not weak at hold-up play.....as for being weak in the air then he's improved massively this season and been dangerous on crosses.

Home of Barca Fans