Champions League

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As you are said, 7 out of 11. So not 10/10. That's the difference. Might go back to the 90s, and now it's only 4 of 10.
This shit started in the 2000s when Abramovich, Mansour and half the PL flooded the market with money. Players that costed 10m a year ago, now costed 20. Midtable clubs however don't have 20m transfer budget to afford a half decent player, so gotta settle with worse players. Not just the Bundesliga who lost touch, the Eredivisie used to win titles, they are a feeder league now if you haven't noticed.

Every league except the EPL is a feeder league to the best/elite teams in Europe, what is more striking about the German clubs is, at least from what I can tell is they are kind of settled for that role of playing good and entertaining football but without any silverware. From the overwhelming rejection of lifting 50+1 (which Bayern welcomes) to rejecting the CVC deal and strong suspicion of any outside investment and money, it seems they are OK with the current hierarchy in German football and European football.

FinBarcelonafan

Every league except the EPL is a feeder league to the best/elite teams in Europe, what is more striking about the German clubs is, at least from what I can tell is they are kind of settled for that role of playing good and entertaining football but without any silverware. From the overwhelming rejection of lifting 50+1 (which Bayern welcomes) to rejecting the CVC deal and strong suspicion of any outside investment and money, it seems they are OK with the current hierarchy in German football and European football.

Tactically smart football is boring

They like to watch a game, drink beer, sing and eat sausage on side. Enjoy quick and entertaining football without too much thinking. End to end stuff. It's fun for sure.

Yannik

We are not okay or settled with it. German football regualrly advocates for solutions or change, but the suggestions aren't heard. We promoted transfer and salary caps on a European level to fix it, but it got rejected by the elite that already pays above them.

Morten

Read an article where it said that almost all top mamagers had a psychotic side to them.

Tbf, i don't think you can be completely "normal" and perform at the highest level in the biggest sports, though coaching is a different story than being an athlete, of course.

Kul_z

Barca's refusal to:

1) Hire worldclass managers
2) Get rid of Catalan fossils in the team
3) Avoid signing pseudo players that fit 'our' style (which is currently cross, cross and cross)

Will ultimately be the death of the club.

Sickening to think, but I can see Real Madrid having a Bayern/PSG dominance over Liga over the next few years.

Sickening.

Wrong. With their and our policy they could never be a team that can 'ruin' , demolish, or whatever attribute you want to use to win comfortably like we used to liga's in a row. Their football sucks. It isnt sustainable. They are clutch, thats it.

Home of Barca Fans