Champions League

Barcilliant

Real has 5 CL titles in the last 8 years, meanwhile Barcelona won 1 in the same time frame.

Barca's peak from 2008-2012 looks kind of weak compared to Real's 2014-2018 run as well and they also didn't completely crash after 2018 like we did post 2015.

Well,of course it does. There's clearly an immmense pride playing for the capital club. Their veterans maintained standards unlike our shitty pussies. Real are run like a high powered organisation while Barca are run like some corner store.

Messigician

Well,of course it does. There's clearly an immmense pride playing for the capital club. Their veterans maintained standards unlike our shitty pussies. Real are run like a high powered organisation while Barca are run like some corner store.

Ay but we still generate the most revenue in sports

cracken

Football is at a low level across the board, that was a terrible final with 2 mediocre teams, the standard has fallen off a cliff the past 4 or 5 years. Man City, Liverpool and Real are the best of a bad bunch and it is so frustrating how bad we are because if Barca were run as well as Madrid have been then we could be adding another 2 or 3 European Cups to our total over the past 7 years.

Football is not at a low point, City and Liverpool's pressing and athleticism alone would've crushed most teams from the past. Peak Barcelona under Pep and Enrique was an outlier, not the standard of football.

serghei

In my opinion, the CL is usually won by the best defensive team that has some firepower upfront. Good defense + quick and skilled towards allow you to be a top counter-attacking team.

This Madrid CL win is very Chelsea-like like 2012. Survivor mode, with beast forwards and an inspired keeper.

This Madrid is a team that knows how to defend pretty well, and can resist a good amount of pressure near their 16m. They have defenders who fight well for aerial balls which makes them susceptible to conceding from crosses. They have tenacious fullbacks who are a pain in the ass for most wingers to face. They have Benzema in the role of Drogba, the clinical fox in the box. They have Vini with speed + subs that impact the game.

They are very very well equipped to deal with any ordinary side. And Liverpool today were ordinary, no offense.

Atletico would have bagged 2-3 CLs if they just afforded some 1-2 world-class attackers.

Last edited:

Messigician

We can finally see Liverpools season for what it really is. Quadruple my ass

- 0 wins in the league Vs the Top 4.

- Europa League esque route to the UCL final, losing to the only good team they faced, failing to score.

- Easy route to both domestic cup finals, not scoring & winning on pens.

Morten

It's more amazing that the old guys KMC have won another cl, they have 4 cls together while Iniesta Xavi Busi together only have 2 :/

I almost think Ancelotti started the 3 of them, and played them almost the entire game just as a big "fuck you" to everyone(including me) who wants to see renewal.

Home of Barca Fans