Champions League

El Gato

Villarato!
In my opinion PSG doesn't stand a chance against Bayern, Bayern is much more experienced and much more balanced than PSG and they are riding on a high momentum.

Sad to think they might be getting their 5th CL trophy and their second treble.

They really are not that much more experienced and even if many players have been to more semis, they didn?t necessarily do amazing jobs. While on one side you have Kimpembe who is patchy AF, Boateng is a fuckup waiting to happen despite experience and still starts. Neuer the same. Don?t trust Lewa either. Or Alaba at CB.
At PSG you have a dude who is the only legit and genuine talent that exudes the Messi-Ronaldo fear factor when on it and making correct decisions + when well supported. Has been to CL semis, Clasicos and finals, deciding them all. You also have a 21 year old who can quite comfortably make fullbacks look exactly like Lewa makes CBs look, and done it at WC, and at same levels in CL years before Lewa.
You also have Di Maria and Navas who both won CL and will be the experience call. At Munich upfront there?s only Muller who was in similar circumstances.

PSG have also had to grind it a lot more which gives them a sense of achievement which builds relentlessness and spirit of not giving up, while Bayern?s gamble paid off, they did a romp but it wasn?t really a test. Even City might not be the necessary test, but certainly a better one.

There?s more of a positive energy about Paris IMO. If Tuchel doesn?t fuck it up for them,

Yannik

PSG still has to go through Leipzig, which I guess is anything but a given if they don't step up from that Atalanta performance.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They really are not that much more experienced and even if many players have been to more semis, they didn?t necessarily do amazing jobs. While on one side you have Kimpembe who is patchy AF, Boateng is a fuckup waiting to happen despite experience and still starts. Neuer the same. Don?t trust Lewa either. Or Alaba at CB.
At PSG you have a dude who is the only legit and genuine talent that exudes the Messi-Ronaldo fear factor when on it and making correct decisions + when well supported. Has been to CL semis, Clasicos and finals, deciding them all. You also have a 21 year old who can quite comfortably make fullbacks look exactly like Lewa makes CBs look, and done it at WC, and at same levels in CL years before Lewa.
You also have Di Maria and Navas who both won CL and will be the experience call. At Munich upfront there?s only Muller who was in similar circumstances.

PSG have also had to grind it a lot more which gives them a sense of achievement which builds relentlessness and spirit of not giving up, while Bayern?s gamble paid off, they did a romp but it wasn?t really a test. Even City might not be the necessary test, but certainly a better one.

There?s more of a positive energy about Paris IMO. If Tuchel doesn?t fuck it up for them,

This is the thing, I think the age of one or two uber stars deciding the game is pretty much over. Bayern is a well-oiled machine and they play like a team (Liverpool too, unlike us) and they function very well. Not that they don't have super stars such as Lewandowski and Neuer and mueller, they also have younger players who have stepped up increasingly, such as Kimmich, Gnarbry and Davies etc. To me PSG, as we have seen them during the CL campaign before, is too top heavy and too inconsistent.

Morten

This is the thing, I think the age of one or two uber stars deciding the game is pretty much over. Bayern is a well-oiled machine and they play like a team (Liverpool too, unlike us) and they function very well. Not that they don't have super stars such as Lewandowski and Neuer and mueller, they also have younger players who have stepped up increasingly, such as Kimmich, Gnarbry and Davies etc. To me PSG, as we have seen them during the CL campaign before, is too top heavy and too inconsistent.

True, they didnt need Lewandowski to do much today, they found ways to score reagrdless.
And they didnt even good defenders, Boateng is awful, but the system doesnt need him to be particulary good in order to win.

El Gato

Villarato!
A well oiled machine with Boateng and Neuer.. not that they haven't had a good season as a team, but I wouldn't put faith in them as far as I could throw them.

City will test the tactical prep of Flick and their ability to execute. At the moment to me bar 1 or 2 younger guys this is still a team who are closer to the bad end of the spectrum. If they do legitimately outperform City and don't slip through, hype will be warranted, otherwise it proves their record is an accident of the quality of challenge.

Time will tell.

Matter of fact even Leipzig will still have a part to play.

True, they didnt need Lewandowski to do much today, they found ways to score reagrdless.
And they didnt even good defenders, Boateng is awful, but the system doesnt need him to be particulary good in order to win.

Today was no litmus test of anything. It was just an exercise in showing that the emperor really has no clothes on.

Last edited:

Yannik

Boateng is usually not a starter. Suele came back from injury for a short cameo tonight as he is still regaining some fitness, but might be in the first team again for the SF.

Neuer is seriously underrated. To me he is still a top 3 keeper.

Has been for quite a while really, absolutely solid season. Not quite 2008-2016, but probably still the best keeper left in the KO stages.

El Gato

Villarato!
Hes been in and out of top3 for years. De Gea, Oblak, MaTS, Alisson, earlier Navas, recently Courtois have all been better or at worst as reliable, most playing for more exposed defences and tested more often.

Solid dude often made too much of in light of good Bayern results.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Hes been in and out of top3 for years. De Gea, Oblak, MaTS, Alisson, earlier Navas, recently Courtois have all been better or at worst as reliable, most playing for more exposed defences and tested more often.

Solid dude often made too much of in light of good Bayern results.

Nah, his only bad year was 2018 after he injured his foot, he wasn't that bad at all last year and this year. And prior to his injury, he was the best keeper in the world.

Horatio

You're welcome
Nah, his only bad year was 2018 after he injured his foot, he wasn't that bad at all last year and this year. And prior to his injury, he was the best keeper in the world.

Still he?s the most ?protected? keeper out there. Will barely get tested in plentiful games and is allowed to concede a goal here and there considering lewandowski will just outscore the deficit.

Today he conceded two. How many shots did they concede in total?

snowy

Mbappe will be there from the go this time? If so, PSG got this.

Leipsig are no pushover. Only team Bayern to hold Bayern to a zero score this season.

Their passing is tight and fast. And their buildup is more cohesive and drilled than PSG who rely more on individual improv. Had Werner not left, they'd have had a pretty credible claim at Big Ears. Even without him, French-side will have to bring their A-game.

Home of Barca Fans