Champions League

KingLeo10

So Mbappe needs to score in every tie now or he's a bottler who only performs vs farmers? That seems a fair standard

No. But don't come at me when he drops a hat trick v the likes of Lenglet. He was missing in all of the KO stages last year.

Bayern this year was a good performance, especially away. His strengths and limitations are apparent. He's very good when given space and practically useless without. Not one destined for legendary status unless things go favorably for him IMO. He is/will be world class though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No. But don't come at me when he drops a hat trick v the likes of Lenglet. He was missing in all of the KO stages last year.

Bayern this year was a good performance, especially away. His strengths and limitations are apparent. He's very good when given space and practically useless without. Not one destined for legendary status unless things go favorably for him IMO. He is/will be world class though.

Both Mbappe and Haaland are World Class players, but neither are close to being as talented as some greats from previous generations. Neymar himself is the clear superior talent whose career have been derailed by poor choices and immaturity.

BarcaOG

Banned
Both Mbappe and Haaland are World Class players, but neither are close to being as talented as some greats from previous generations. Neymar himself is the clear superior talent whose career have been derailed by poor choices and immaturity.

solid take from the DON

edit: come to think about it you are 110% right...imagine how the media and fans would react to the likes of Henry today, who is well above mbappe and haaland (and himself below the level of CR and messi)...would be utter madness

FinBarcelonafan

solid take from the DON

edit: come to think about it you are 110% right...imagine how the media and fans would react to the likes of Henry today, who is well above mbappe and haaland (and himself below the level of CR and messi)...would be utter madness

And then the hype would get to him and he would turn into IG star or some other crap. It's tough to be just footballer today.

Birdy

2017 was also a strong cl side, otherwise last years since 2015 have been crap

2017? How? It was a transitional year for many sides and not even a 'dream-team' was there...

Had maybe the best version of Zidane's RM and a strong Juve. And then nothing...
Bayern at transition,
Barca declining,
English sides at transition, not having peaked yet

fast forward 2 years in 2019:
Liverpool and City WC sides.
Tottenham outsiders but amazing side,
Ajax stunning,
Juve and Barca even within their huge limitations were decent.
RM had declined less than what they have today,

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Football in general is of a lower standard tbh, the top players from 10 years ago were better and there was more of them

Andresito

Staff member
In the first half I was thinking to myself, how did PSG sack Tuchel (who has since transformed Chelsea into a CL contender) and appoint Poch who makes every average player in that team look very good.

In the second half though, you could see how average of a team PSG have. Half the team are players used to fill out the XI next to the big players. It's such a diverse level of quality.
Whereas when you look at City, basically the whole XI + some bench players are at the exact same status. Not really superstars and not average/fill out players.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

In the first half I was thinking to myself, how did PSG sack Tuchel (who has since transformed Chelsea into a CL contender) and appoint Poch who makes every average player in that team look very good.

In the second half though, you could see how average of a team PSG have. Half the team are players used to fill out the XI next to the big players. It's such a diverse level of quality.
Whereas when you look at City, basically the whole XI + some bench players are at the exact same status. Not really superstars and not average/fill out players.

Yeah PSG is also very depended on Neymar and Mbappe, both were worldclass against bayern but yesterday both were underperforming and suddenly you see that PSG isnt more than them (+Di Maria).

Jenks

I don't think it was wise for Pochettino to talk about the physical condition of City after the game. Straight away that puts an inferiority complex into the minds of his players and encourages City to run even more.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

how often has Copa America actually decided a BDor though?

dont destroy rassvet's dreams :koeman:

But have to say that nobody from the previous winners was considered as top 1-5 football players in the world. Messi has most G+A, if he wins la liga + Copa america he should have a good chance.

Home of Barca Fans