Champions League

KingLeo10

If Pool lose this game, it could have a Barca 2019 kind of effect on them.

Might even be the worst choke in CL history, considering the level of opposition.

I don't think Villareal will manage it though.

malvolio

There were memorable comebacks in the past as well, but i'm pretty sure that football was way less volatile back then(say mid 00s), you won the home game with a couple of goals you were basically through, you didn't have these 3 goals comeback all over the place.

Tru. Every season now we have some big remontadas.

Tackle

Fairplay, thought Villarreal were finished after the 1st leg. Hopefully Liverpool still take it so Madrid can face some resistance in a potential final.

El Gato

Villarato!
If Pool lose this game, it could have a Barca 2019 kind of effect on them.

Might even be the worst choke in CL history, considering the level of opposition.

I don't think Villareal will manage it though.

It obviously isnt

Milan v Deportivo stands out like a sore thumb

Villarreal are 3rd in the table if you count points since November too IIRC

serghei

Maybe our players and our manager is seeing this. This is the physicality and the speed and commitment you need to show up with in Europe.

fergus90

Biggest fold I’ve seen was the Ac Milan meltdown against Depor. But it would be a big shock for Liverpool to be knocked out considering their position.

They’ve had a great season but this is the 4th CL game this season they haven’t looked as strong as they usually do.

ajnotkeith

Every time an underdog wins people instantly point to complacency as if these guys aren't experienced world class players in their prime. What if Liverpool just aren't super invincibles?

Sometimes it's complacency, but Where's the credit for Villareal simply outplaying them so far? Liverpool have been poor technically and tactically, Villareal just superior so far.

Porque

It's just 45 minutes. Villarreal could run out of steam, but we seen them put these type of performances up for 90 in El Madrigal before.

The question is what happens if it goes to XT where Liverpool have the deeper bench and added touch of quality upfront.

But early days still.

Liverpool fans just didn't know that Villarreal in their compact stadium know how to press and suffocate you. They expected them to be the same timid overrun team in Anfield. Big mistake, it's like Klopp didn't analyse the Bayern game.

Home of Barca Fans