CL: Ajax - FC Barcelona 0-2

dakt

Solid second half from what I've seen. (was watching awful PSG during the first half, had to switch before I start vomitting my dinner).

Barca won anyways. Hope the pessmistic people will stop with the pessimistic predictions that make no sense.

Based on this performance, I have no foundation for any optimism.

Darko

Another crap game, if Messi doesn't score or create something we are done, Xavi tried with a few trough balls but the players movement should dictate the pass and there is no movement, Suarez on the right again is just baffling, Lucho starts the season with a clear formation of 2 strikers in front of Messi playing very close in the centre and then finally when Suarez returns he goes back to last year's formation...I remember the times when watching Barca was fun and I couldn't wait till the next game, now it's a "let's get it over with" feeling before a game

Last edited:

Schumi

We were actually very good in the second half. Rush decision making in the final third spoiled a greater victory. Suarez is still rusty and lacks confidence. We will improve with time. Some (most) people on this forum must be more patient.

dakt

Still. Some predictions were ridiculous.

Game could have gone easily in different direction. There was no dominance at any point from which one could rely on to pull us back on the track in case they scored.

Povikas

Brandon
The 1st half was a disaster, or maybe just Ajax were THAT good and we were playing like we have been playing lately - which is like shyte.

The second half, from the kick-off I knew suddenly the gameplay changed. And the first 5 minutes were superb, flashes of vintage barca.
There were still some let-downs in not focusing entirely on the purpose of playing decent footy.
But in my books, it was solid.
I hope I and we see the same in the games to come. Suarez will gain confidence, Messi looking hungry (he wanted the 3rd goal SO bad) and our midfield starting to glue together, forming what was once called midfield.

Neimax

Awful 1st half but second was much better. Busquets was better than in the last games I think. But I'd still prefer Masche in midfield instead of him, or even better, if they would play together, with Rafinha in front of them. I know this is against our philosphy in recent years, but we need to try something new. They would stabilize the midfield and also the defence, and Rafinha can become a monstrous player if Enrique gives him more playing time. And with Messi, Neymar and Suarèz up front, we are always able to score goals and to outscore our opponents. I hope Suarèz scores against Almeria, because he really lacks confidence in front of the goal, but this will only be a matter of time. We have to give them time, but Barça's future isn't that bad as some in this forum think.

dakt

Could not see the game.

How was our finishing? Did we miss a lot of chances? If yes, who missed them?
How was Bartra?

Finishing was better (read Messi was not missing), but Suarez missed an easy one.
If you ask me, Bartra should always start instead of Pique

hellsangel1

We did play better in the second half and controlled the game but it's easy to do that when you're playing against 10 men. I think we'd have struggled to get 3 points had Ajax not had a player sent off because up until that point it was close. Against the elite teams, Barca will struggle. That sort of performance won't get it done against the elite teams.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Crappy game. Ajax aren't even a good side, but they had us trembling in the first half. The team showed no spirit imo: Messi was back to doing absolutely nothing defensively. There was no pressing at all against a team known to struggle against pressing sides. We were lucky to get away unscathed. With this lack of mentality, sharpness and maybe fitness we won't win a single trophy this season, just like last season.

We did play better in the second half and controlled the game but it's easy to do that when you're playing against 10 men. I think we'd have struggled to get 3 points had Ajax not had a player sent off because up until that point it was close. Against the elite teams, Barca will struggle. That sort of performance won't get it done against the elite teams.

You are right. Think the first 45 of tonights performance against Bayern munchen, what would the result have been? 5-0?? Fair guess in my opinion. Point being: you cant have players like Alves, bartra, masch, xavi, rakitic, rafinha, pedro and actually think you can beat the best teams or play Barca football for that matter.

Home of Barca Fans