CL: Ajax - FC Barcelona 0-2

PhilS

No Sergi Roberto but all 5 fullbacks in the squad. Douglas or Montoya might actually get some minutes
Don't hold your breath, Alves and Adriano will start.

Maybe Celta was a fluke, the team will score in the next 60 games? Or maybe this is a team that will struggle to qualify for CL for next season?

beogatts

Mayb a 5-2-2-1 formation.
Suarez
Neymar, messi
Rakitic, xavi
Jordi alba, masch, bartra, adriano, alves.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Estonian TV channel shows the game!

vnjx8p.gif

Depressing to read this thread. People are really expecting Barca to lose and say that crashing out from CL will make us some good. Are you serious?
Some of the posts in here reminds me those guys who went to the parking lot to insult our players after some losses.
Is it a fan forum or what?
Besides this sad observation I think people who are really expecting Barca to finally start transformation are really impatient. Usually you can't have success and transformation at the same time. Lot of us would have cried to sack Mou last year when Chelsea was also inconsistent, parallels with Ancelotti last year are off the mark, because their core of playres did not change that much after Mou. In our case, almost every aspect of the team is changing, but people still expect to win all games comfortably beating every opponent to KO. Yeah, to be honest, I am oversimpefying and overreacting in here as well, but please the doom in here is a bit over the top already and it is not even the game day.

I disagree.

First of all: No one is really expecting barca to loose against ajax. And we wont. But that is not really the issue here.
You are talking about "success and transformation at the same time". You seem to expect inconsistency and so on.

Lets take "transformation": Where is the "happening"? Against real we startet xavi, pique, alves, messi, busi, iniesta, masch and pedro was also playing. Thats 8 players, and they all started against man united in the CL-FINAL in 2011. And look closer: Do these players have the quality to start or play against real in 2014(soon 2015)? Alves, pedro, xavi, pique, masch(still cb)? No they dont have the neccessesary qualities. and it has been obvious for some time -actually a long time. So where is the transformation? Rakitic? A decent but not world class player who dosent fit barca football? He dosent even start over xavi. A 31 year old french cb ? Douglas? Suarez is the only one worth considering.

There is no transformation. And if it is a transformation, nothing indicates that we are heading in the right direction. Enrique is obviously clueless. and the material simply isent there.

TWO YEARS from now I think its reasonable to start talking about a transformation. Alves, iniesta, pedro, masch, douglas, roberto, xavi, maybe pique - most of them will probably be out, even messi is closing in at that time. Enrique will be out.

The summer of 2016 we need to use an enormous amount of money. Hopefully a new talented generation is established, halilovich, samper, sandro, munir, denis suarez, maybe deulofeu.

Kasperroed

I disagree.

First of all: No one is really expecting barca to loose against ajax. And we wont. But that is not really the issue here.
You are talking about "success and transformation at the same time". You seem to expect inconsistency at so on.

Lets take "transformation": Where is the "happening"? Against real we startet xavi, pique, alves, messi, busi, iniesta, masch and pedro was also playing. Thats 8 players, and they all started against man united in the CL-FINAL in 2011. And look closer: Do these players have the quality to start or play against real in 2014(soon 2015)? Alves, pedro, xavi, pique, masch(still cb)? No they dont have the neccessesary qualities. and it has been obvious for some time -actually a long time. So where is the transformation? Rakitic? A decent but not world class player who dosent fit barca football? He dosent even start over xavi. A 31 year old french cb back? Douglas? Suarez is the only one worth considering.

There is no transformation. And if it is a transformation, nothing indicates that we are heading in the right direction. Enrique is obviously clueless. and the material simply isent there.

TWO YEARS from now I think its reasonable to start talking about a transformation. Alves, iniesta, pedro, masch, douglas, roberto, xavi, maybe pique - most of them will probably be out, even messi is closing in at that time. Enrique will be out.

The summer of 2016 we need to use an enormous amount of money. Hopefully a new talented generation is established, halilovich, samper, sandro, munir, denis suarez, maybe deulofeu.

Exactly. What we need now is a change of this old generation. We need to bring in new, young players and use our own youth products. Hopefully we could see something like this in 2016

------------- Ter Stegen
Montoya | Bartra | Marquinhos | Alba
---------- Samper | Busquets
---- Deulufeu | Messi | Neymar
--------------- Suarez

Devils

If we somehow lose or draw this game, I am curious how everyone would react at Lucho.

I think there is a good chance of that happening. Ajax isn't easy prey at home.

If we lose this then it will become obvious that Lucho doesn't have control of the team and that is only a recipe for disaster.

Frodo_FCB

This is the perfect game for the team to show some character and make a come back. We have still some of the best players in the world and they have to step up, the same applies for Lucho. I want to see some tactical variations from him, when something doesnt work out, you should change it.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Thing is Ajax is shit at home. We only lost 2-1 because Tata was in charge and we had 0.0% motivation. THIS HAS TO BE A 4-0 ATLEAST. Even though I predicted a 1-1, that is because I think Lucho will go with his usual weird tactics.

I think there is a good chance of that happening. Ajax isn't easy prey at home.

If we lose this then it will become obvious that Lucho doesn't have control of the team and that is only a recipe for disaster.

Why isnt that obvious already? Why draw the final line or demarcation point against ajax?

E

El_e8

If we finish second in group we are doomed for good.
Bayern, Chelsea both have superior managers who will only mock LE even more. We can only pray we get drawn against Olympiacos.

E

El_e8

Na then we get Arsenal and Messi will pay tribute for Vermaelen transfer. After that we get knocked out.

Bertus

You guys are so gloomy. You don't even know for sure if that crappy PSG will win against Apoel and Ajax at home.

Home of Barca Fans