CL | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Bayern Munchen 0-3

SmilerBam

Was looking at United's forum( redcafe) in their time in the wilderness and this forum looks like that in this moment. We are the new United guys.

Laplacian

That happens to every club, nobody stays at the top for long

Except for Real Madrid.
Chelsea always peaks for like 3-4 years, then they have a couple of down seasons, club splashes cash, and they're back again. It's been a thing since Mourinho came in the mid-200s. They've been a rollercoaster ride for awhile now.

Bayern has been the same for about 3 decades now. 4-5 years of dominance, they get complacent, have 1-2 down seasons (which doesn't mean much as they can still win the league when theyre shit in europe), some clubs start to catch up and challenge them, they freak out, get a new coach and/or new key signings, they're revitalized and back to completely dominating on all fronts.

The only club that has truly gone past their cycle of dominance in the past decade is Manchester United and the Italian clubs. Most elite clubs tend to not actually struggle on the long run.

Though it remains to be seen whether Barcelona's period of downturn will be extremely short term or an actual cycle mediocrity that'll last the better part of a decade. This will be our 3rd mediocre season in terms of results, and like our 4th with a mediocre squad.

serghei

Was looking at United's forum( redcafe) in their time in the wilderness and this forum looks like that in this moment. We are the new United guys.

Only if we get to play in Europa League more often than not and win nothing of note for nearly 10 years. :lol:

Bobo32

"Ara?jo will start alongside Piqu? against Bayern Munich. [sport]" via barcacentre twitter.
I predict that Pique will be heavily criticized while Araujos eventual mistakes will be ignored

FinBarcelonafan

"Ara?jo will start alongside Piqu? against Bayern Munich. [sport]" via barcacentre twitter.
I predict that Pique will be heavily criticized while Araujos eventual mistakes will be ignored

Why defend Pique?

The guy is good example what is wrong with Barca. He cares more about his businesses than being footballer.

FC B

There is nothing wrong with the style Barca wants to play, the problem is the players just aren't good enough. If we had our team from 2011 playing in their prime now it would be easily the best team in Europe.

That generation was one of a kind, probably the best ever in the history of football, we mustn't live in the glorious past forever while we're trash for years now and we keep becoming weaker and weaker every passing year. When was the last time a team with that style of play won CL? It was Barca of 2015 with players like Neymar, Suarez and Messi still in their prime. Stop living in the past and start adapting to contemprary reality ffs.

FC B

That happens to every club, nobody stays at the top for long, and I think Barca have been there longer than any club I can remember, from 2006 until 2019 the club have been Champions League contenders.

But things can change quickly, where were Chelsea 2 years ago? In the Europa League and look at them now, Bayern looked finished when Liverpool beat them easily in 2019 and they are back at the top again. So I wouldn't get too depressed with our situation as it can change pretty quickly.

Only if we adapt to the reality of today especially with such limited resources that we have. Until recently we had Messi who bailed us out each and every season now we hav Luuk and Colgate upfront.

Bobo32

Why defend Pique?

The guy is good example what is wrong with Barca. He cares more about his businesses than being footballer.

Why defend Araujo?

The guy is good example what is wrong with Barca. He cares more about lifting weights and playing simcity than being footballer.

ajnotkeith

Why defend Araujo?

The guy is good example what is wrong with Barca. He cares more about lifting weights and playing simcity than being footballer.

What's wrong with your mindset?? Literally all the best defenders in history 99.9% of them were physical beasts. It's a requirement to be a top player at the position. Go look in the backline of top teams and find me unathletic players under 6 foot that play CB. The only one I can think of is Azpi.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Stop whining man. I am tired of you doing it. Another hyperbole. United played in the EL for years.

soul24rage

Think this will be the starting XI

MATS---Araujo, Pique, Lenglet---Dest, Bob, Busi, FDJ, Alba---Depay, Skywalker

SmilerBam

Stop whining man. I am tired of you doing it. Another hyperbole. United played in the EL for years.

I didn t said we are like United. I said that this forum looks now like Redcafe post Ferguson. We are still a bit better than they were from 2013-2020. Also, you think if we would be in the PL, we would be guaranteed in first four? Liverpool, City and Chelsea are better right now, and United are somewhere around our level, slightly better if you look at the first eleven. Can you argue what i said?

Home of Barca Fans