CL Round 1: Monaco - Barca 2-1

Predicted outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MontenegrinCuler

New season old shit. No way Barcelona will be in top 8. No way.
This is overreacting already
Ter Stegen was terrible and will probably continue being like that, but this squad can make up for his mistakes with goals when it's playing with 11 players and especially when we have our best 11
We won 5/6 of our games so far, asserting dominance in all of them but one and it's all over now?

TheStig

You clearly don't understand how many points we will need for top 8. We don't have room for mistakes anymore, another defeat means we are probably out of top 8. And also, it's Barca in the CL, it's not La liga.

MontenegrinCuler

You clearly don't understand how many points we will need for top 8. We don't have room for mistakes anymore, another defeat means we are probably out of top 8. And also, it's Barca in the CL, it's not La liga.
6 wins, 2 defeats not enough for top 8? Dont believe that lol

TheStig

You are confident that we can get 6 wins, no draws? Barca in CL is capable of that? A defeat against Bayern and a couple of draws is realistic.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
You are confident that we can get 6 wins, no draws? Barca in CL is capable of that? A defeat against Bayern and a couple of draws is realistic.
Dude, I'm going to celebrate like crazy if we're in the top 24 - some people are delusional. Half our squad is injured, even when back there are tons of questions marks: will Frenkie get his shit together, will Balde crumble (and he's our "best" LB), will Pedri get gassed and bullied of the ball with ease against any decent team in CL, can Raphinha continue his form from before the Monaco game, will Araujo stop brainfarting etc. On top of that we have two players that will start all games and they aren't questions marks anymore - it's 100% Lewa and ter ISIS sucks and will suck... with such poor quality #9 and goalie we're fucked.
Stop smoking what you guys are smoking and hope we get in the top 24 and than draw an opponent that fits us...

Birdy

I think Hansi can lead as to a 1st win against Bayern after almost a decade, if we have a hald-decent squad available

The other games are doable. The most difficult are Dortmund, Benfica A, and Atalanta H
They can go like yesterday due to an unexpected event,
but if the team is rolling like it has been, I think all are winnable

MontenegrinCuler

You learn from your mistakes. This is the second time we get defeated in UCL because of a red card, in the space of just a couple months. Two players have done it, and others should learn from their example. Let them score, but don't get a red.

If Flick is able to teach this to his players then these stupid reds shouldn't happen no more.

Joan

Dude, I'm going to celebrate like crazy if we're in the top 24 - some people are delusional.
Don’t join them.

If you think Barca won’t end up above Sparta, Shaktar, Sturm, Dinamo, Zvezda, Slovan, Young Boys or Brest, you’re the delusional one.

That’s the bare minimum and we’re already through.

TheStig

I think Hansi can lead as to a 1st win against Bayern after almost a decade, if we have a hald-decent squad available

The other games are doable. The most difficult are Dortmund, Benfica A, and Atalanta H
They can go like yesterday due to an unexpected event,
but if the team is rolling like it has been, I think all are winnable

But yesterday was not an unexpected event. "Events" like this happen to us almost every away game in the CL for a decade. Sometime is a red card, sometime a pass that gives the opponent a clear chance, sometimes we just implode, but it's always something. Why do you think it won't continue?

Birdy

But yesterday was not an unexpected event. "Events" like this happen to us almost every away game in the CL for a decade. Sometime is a red card, sometime a pass that gives the opponent a clear chance, sometimes we just implode, but it's always something. Why do you think it won't continue?

No,
A red card, and numerical disadvantage is something that 90% of the time can't be overcome in modern football

The other that you mention can be dealt with, and we haven't seen so far mental implosion under Flick.
Let's wait for that time to judge

Home of Barca Fans