CL Round 2: Porto - Barca 0-1

delancey

Really looking forward to this. Wish they’d have shorter and less frequent international breaks. After the weekend, there won’t be any league football for 14 days.

Andresito

Staff member
I'd start with:
ter Stegen
Cancelo, Araujo, Kounde, Balde
Fermin, Gundo, Gavi
Ferran, Lewy, Felix

JamDav1982

I'd start with:
ter Stegen
Cancelo, Araujo, Kounde, Balde
Fermin, Gundo, Gavi
Ferran, Lewy, Felix

One thing dont like about that is Araujo and Kounde on the ball. Neither are as good as Christensen on ball who even as LCB is better than other two at RCB.

Kounde is better on ball than Araujo but he is then moved from his most natural postion to the left.

Could be totally wrong but wouldnt be surprised if Araujo starts at RB to allow for more solid back three like last season and Cancelo goes RW.

Not losing is the must here. A draw is not that bad at all and if that is the case then at least control match and show supriority. Not a scramble to a point while looking disorganised.

Andresito

Staff member
One thing dont like about that is Araujo and Kounde on the ball. Neither are as good as Christensen on ball who even as LCB is better than other two at RCB.

Kounde is better on ball than Araujo but he is then moved from his most natural postion to the left.

Could be totally wrong but wouldnt be surprised if Araujo starts at RB to allow for more solid back three like last season and Cancelo goes RW.

Not losing is the must here. A draw is not that bad at all and if that is the case then at least control match and show supriority. Not a scramble to a point while looking disorganised.
Yeah the ball playing ability of the CBs crossed my mind as well. But hopefully we can counter Kounde/Araujo combo with having Gundogan deeper. In other words Romeu needs to have Christensen on the pitch, and Gundogan needs to be playing if Chris is out. Try to even out CB/DM as much as possible.

Home of Barca Fans