CL Round 2: Porto - Barca 0-1

ajnotkeith

The 2nd half Kounde tackle during 1 on 1 was clear as he touched the ball first. This angle that was posted here doesn't do it justice.

Also, the other video (in-box cross defending, again from Kounde) doesn't show that Kounde was pulling his jersey very hard there. We got away with that one big time.
Pulling his jersey and knees him in the nuts stopping him from getting to the ball.

Kounde really could have been sent off three times this game.
I am going to get the response from serghei, clean tackle, move on, but reality is we were shite and shouldnt have gotten anything.

FCBfan22

Pulling his jersey and knees him in the nuts stopping him from getting to the ball.

Kounde really could have been sent off three times this game.
I am going to get the response from serghei, clean tackle, move on, but reality is we were shite and shouldnt have gotten anything.
The 2nd half 1 on 1 was a clean tackle. The camera from the goal line has shown that. But those box shenaningans in 1st half... I don't know how VAR didn't even check that.

serghei

I mean you guys can fail so much that even someone like me that rated Arthur and Gomes can get one over you. :lol:

It's ok, relax, football is supposed to be fun.

FCBfan22

He gets the ball but after he tugs the arm, which has been given as a red card a lot.
Regardless, he should have been sent off already the first half.
No, they would never give that as he already kicked the ball out for corner at that point. The first half offence is a yellow card + penalty offence.

ajnotkeith

The defensive structure is just scrambling to try and stop chances.

There is no real shape.
We kept a clean sheet, but I actually think if we play this game against Man City, Bayern, Arsenal etc we lose 5 or 6-0.
Absolute confusion and desperation every time opponent counters and could have had half the team sent off by the end.

JamDav1982

Yeah it was just another terribly coached European game v a poor side for this level.

There was no shape, patterns of play and just pure chaos.

Will get scudded v decent teams playing like that.

malvolio

We kept a clean sheet, but I actually think if we play this game against Man City, Bayern, Arsenal etc we lose 5 or 6-0.
Absolute confusion and desperation every time opponent counters and could have had half the team sent off by the end.
So basically like last season, but with Shaktar and Porto instead of Inter and Bayern in the group.

JamDav1982

Barca could barely pass the ball from defence through midfield to final third with any control.

Araujo is limited on ball and was trying ridiculous long passes he isnt capable of while on front of him Romeu is a sloth and Gavi bombs about but offers little options on the ball.

Gundogan was only one that looked like clue how to try and take ball through midfield.

Pedri and FDJ cant come back quick enough.

Home of Barca Fans