CL | Round 2: Tottenham - Barca 2-4

clemente

Eriksen Alli Dembele injured :lol: thats literally their whole midfield, its so pathetic how I wouldn't even be surprised if their 2nd team beats us.

Zidane82

Eriksen Alli Dembele injured :lol: thats literally their whole midfield, its so pathetic how I wouldn't even be surprised if their 2nd team beats us.

I was thinking how lucky Valverde was with Spurs missing 5 first team players missing BUT they may still beat us and beat us comprehensively which may have devastating effects ..

Devils

Of course they can still beat us....

Our away form in the CL is pitiful and we're coming off a run where we struggled against Girona, Leganes and Bilbao. Even a weakened Spurs side is well above those teams.

FinBarcelonafan

Of course they can still beat us....

Our away form in the CL is pitiful and we're coming off a run where we struggled against Girona, Leganes and Bilbao. Even a weakened Spurs side is well above those teams.

Exactly. Hardly an easy win. Hopefully today we will see the best effort from us. We've been very bad lately.

El Flaco

For more than two years, Messi has been the only Barcelona player to have scored goals away from the Camp Nou in the European competition.

This speaks highly of Messi, and poorly of his teammates in the attack.

The last Barcelona man other than Messi to score an away goal in Europe was Gerard Pique, who netted a goal against Borussia Monchengladbach in September 2016.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2018/10/02/5bb270bbe2704e1e5c8b4712.html

And regarding Luis Suarez, his last away UCL-goal was in 2015

Kuchi

I agree, we are EV Barca's, if Roma can trash us 3-0, anyone can..hell even Girona did it, so the Spurs B team is more than able..

Cant remember being less exited about a season...one thing i always loved about this team that it was entertaining to watch (at least from Rivaldo/Kluivert times and moving on), now..come October and after 15 mins of a game i already get frustrated with how unpleasing our football is and how steep the fall was..

The most frustrating thing is that we actually bought players that should be the foundation for a new cycle, around Messi & Coutinho and I will always hate EV for making us pla shitty football while not at all looking ahead...

Rather than lose all trophies and see washed up players like Pique, Busquets, Roberto, Suarez etc.. i'd rather lose all trophies but settling in Semedo, Arthur, Dembele/Malcom, Alena and other la Masia prospects....at least there is a point, an objective, it's a reconstruction, who cares about loosing la Liga once in 4 years as we wont even get close to UCL anyway...but watching this shit over and over with the same lame ass results is just infuriating..

So yea, unless we start playing the "new kids" hoping they might turn into a team come next season, this wasted season is just wasted time and ugly football, powered by a spineless coach worried about coming to the job the next day rather than making an impact in perspective...nothing should save EV ass at the end of this season...and honestly i don't care about whatnot result, we will be dissapointed when it matters most..

#Spursgame..

PhilS

A lot of the teams who had numerous players at the world cup are not starting this season like gangbusters. Barca has a good history in CL in England, maybe the world's highest team payroll can recover some form today.

It has been lucky that neither RM or AM has forged ahead in La Liga during Barca's slump. It is very lucky that Tot has those 5 injuries, including their entire midfield.

The manager always gets blamed when the players play poorly. Barca management does not fire managers as quickly as, say, Chelsea or Valencia. Of course, you can fire managers, whereas changing over the squad is a multi-year project.

FCBfan22

Winks-Wanyama-Dier midfield and EV goes defensively. Cunt.

How about working on intensity of play instead...

Kul_z

i'd sign Bielsa. Give him a big squad yo rotate and he will make us run and play fast attacking football

Almost anyone, the worst are mourinho, fake mourinho, and then everybody else suits better for this team

Home of Barca Fans