Claudio Bravo

BBZ8800

Valdes is a Barca legend, greatest GK we've ever had

Greatest, like the best Barca's Gk ever based on his goalkeeping skills?
Or greatest, like a Gk who was lucky to live/play during Messi/Xavi/Iniesta/Pep era and thus turned into a Gk who won the highest amount of trophies with Barca?
Or greatest like a mixture of: being Catalan, played here for 10+ years, played well, won a lot of trophies?

Imo, regarding pure goalkeeping skills, Bravo was in these 2 years as equal or even better than Valdes...

Last edited:

Trickykid

VV was a great keeper. Error prone in periods during his career, but it should never eclipse his skill and worth to the club. His sad goodbye (or lack of) clearly hurt his legacy, but people laughing as the notion of him being our best keeper ever, clearly doesn't know a thing about football.
Between Bravo and him, to me VV is the greatest, simply because of his long history with the club and the era he represents. Had Bravo had as long a career here as VV, he could possibly have eclipsed him, but not in this short a time.

Kragod

Greatest, like the best Barca's Gk ever based on his goalkeeping skills?
Or greatest, like a Gk who was lucky to live/play during Messi/Xavi/Iniesta/Pep era and thus turned into a Gk who won the highest amount of trophies with Barca?
Or greatest like a mixture of: being Catalan, played here for 10+ years, played well, won a lot of trophies?

Yes, thats right.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Zubi enjoys a legend status at Barca and his contribution is much more than Bravo.... So even arguing that Bravo provided a better service to Barca than VV is laughable because Zubi, a legend himself, would attest to the fact that VV has been the best keeper at Barca!

Wick

ITT people don't know the difference between 'greatest' and 'best'.

Valdes is the greatest goalkeeper in Barcelona history. Greater than Ramallets, Sadurní and Zubizaretta.

Bravo and ter Stegen are not even close. Mentioning them shows how long you've been a fan.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I like Bravo and I think he's been an awesome signing, but come on, in terms of club legacy Vicky is miles and miles ahead...

amircule

VV helped us win our first UCL in 14 years with a stellar performance in the final. He only left because he wanted to, he is a legend and will always be.

BBZ8800

ITT people don't know the difference between 'greatest' and 'best'.

Valdes is the greatest goalkeeper in Barcelona history. Greater than Ramallets, Sadurní and Zubizaretta.

Bravo and ter Stegen are not even close. Mentioning them shows how long you've been a fan.

Yes, I am 13 and this is my first season of following Barca.

Anyway, as I mentioned above, being a legend is obviously NOT ONLY about skills, but a combination of:
1. good skills
2. being devoted to a team
3. playing here for 5-10 or more years
4. winning some trophies (having actual results in your era)
5. being Catalan or being La Masia product brings some extra points, let's be honest
6. being a part of some legendary team/historic achievement also brings some extra points

Bravo was here only for 2 years, and in spite of awesome skills and 2 La ligas in 2 years, he can't be compared with some other legends in eyes of our fans because he hasn't met other requirements like playing here for 5-10 years, being extremely devoted to a team, being a local guy etc.

About pure goalkeeping skills, Valdes wasn't better than Bravo. (Imo, they are more or less equal, or Bravo being better)
If someone thinks that Valdes was actually a better Gk, I would ask: why exactly? What has he done or what skills he possessed which Bravo hasn't?

About being a club legend, Valdes is miles infront of Bravo, because of other requirements (played here for 10+ years, won tons of trophies, a member of a golden era, a local guy, a huge love for the club both in good and bad times etc)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yes, I am 13 and this is my first season of following Barca.

Anyway, as I mentioned above, being a legend is obviously NOT ONLY about skills, but a combination of:
1. good skills
2. being devoted to a team
3. playing here for 5-10 or more years
4. winning some trophies (having actual results in your era)
5. being Catalan or being La Masia product brings some extra points, let's be honest
6. being a part of some legendary team/historic achievement also brings some extra points

Bravo was here only for 2 years, and in spite of awesome skills and 2 La ligas in 2 years, he can't be compared with some other legends in eyes of our fans because he hasn't met other requirements like playing here for 5-10 years, being extremely devoted to a team, being a local guy etc.

About pure goalkeeping skills, Valdes wasn't better than Bravo. (Imo, they are more or less equal, or Bravo being better)
If someone thinks that Valdes was actually a better Gk, I would ask: why exactly? What has he done or what skills he possessed which Bravo hasn't?

About being a club legend, Valdes is miles infront of Bravo, because of other requirements (played here for 10+ years, won tons of trophies, a member of a golden era, a local guy, a huge love for the club both in good and bad times etc)
You're only 13?!? That's a shock man! I guess Rijkaard's pic always gives a very, very wrong idea about your age!!

Home of Barca Fans