Copa 22/23

Porque

Osasuna getting a big semi in Pamplona would be fun.

If Abde could be consistently proactive, he would come back in a season or two.

ajnotkeith

Getting Atletico will be very dicey. Really hope we don't draw them.

They struck onto something in the 2nd half we played them and no doubt it is going to be fresh in their memory if we draw them, they are going to full pitch press us throughout the whole game.

Madrid is probably the better draw as they don't really have the tactical capabilities to switch to 5atb or a full pitch press so can't tactically counter us significantly, and we have this Araujo-Vini man mark that seems to be working very well.

ajnotkeith

Would be nice to get Osasuna in the semis. No RM/Atletico please

It's gonna sound dumb but somehow I feel like Madrid might be the better draw than Osasuna.

That's not to say we can't lose against Madrid but I feel that our tactical setups match so well that most times out of 10 we are beating them, add to that the big motivation the team seems to get in Clasicos.

El Gato

Villarato!
Wouldn't mind Barca before the final, it's been a while since we got a good run in the Copa with evenly matched teams.

Think we'd trash Barca if given 180 mins as more time to do something and mount comeback if needed, less certain in 90.

Gotta get through Atleti first but seeing reaction after Villarreal I think team is back building itself up again.

Messi983

Madrid in the final. Two semi final clashes in the midst of a LaLiga race would be tiresome.

Would be tiresome for both teams though. I think we'd have better chances beating them over two games "now" than winning a potential final in May when God knows what state both teams will be in. Madrid could easily be on a high in one of their usual CL runs.

That said I hope they'll lose tonight vs Atletico (after ET if possible). Yes, I know they could then concentrate more on La Liga (at least until CL continues in a few weeks) but I never want them to win (unless we would directly profit from that which only happens very rarely) and at the same time hope they get eliminated from all competitions ASAP. Longer they're in more chances they have to get "hot" and win it.

KingLeo10

Wouldn't mind Barca before the final, it's been a while since we got a good run in the Copa with evenly matched teams.

Think we'd trash Barca if given 180 mins as more time to do something and mount comeback if needed, less certain in 90.

Gotta get through Atleti first but seeing reaction after Villarreal I think team is back building itself up again.

:lol: :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
tenor.gif

CatalinR10

Atletico has 0 chances of beating RM at bernaLEO.

Last time they did that was like 7 years ago iirc , in the league.

Home of Barca Fans