Copa America 2019

soul24rage

He barged ridiculously hard into Messi’s chest four times then forcibly pushed his head into Messi’s face ..

Medal will get a stiff ban I’d suggest and Messi’s card will be revoked

I think Conmebol will suspend Messi for a lot of games for what he said after the Arg-Chile match

Leo_Messi

Funny how Argentina always win against Chile when it matters the less.WC qualifiers, group stages, 3rd place matches, but they somehow bottle 2 finals against them.

You forgot that those Chile teams and Chile players were part of the greatest Chilean generation in history with years of outstanding football, a clearly defined playing style and competent managers. Chile teams that had nothing to lose and did not have 25+ years of actual choking behind them as Argentina. It is not like either final was a Chile demolition of Argentina. If I recall correctly both finals were settled on penalties with Argentina dominating and creating the most clear cut opportunities in both finals.

People should give credit to that Chile team. Fully deserved that years of excellent football was awarded with trophies unlike those boring Argentina teams. Argentina on the other hand did not (to this day) have a defined playing style (maybe with the exception of Sabella's team but that is also a stretch) and were far from having their best generation.

AURELIUS

You forgot that those Chile teams and Chile players were part of the greatest Chilean generation in history with years of outstanding football, a clearly defined playing style and competent managers. Chile teams that had nothing to lose and did not have 25+ years of actual choking behind them as Argentina. It is not like either final was a Chile demolition of Argentina. If I recall correctly both finals were settled on penalties with Argentina dominating and creating the most clear cut opportunities in both finals.

People should give credit to that Chile team. Fully deserved that years of excellent football was awarded with trophies unlike those boring Argentina teams. Argentina on the other hand did not (to this day) have a defined playing style (maybe with the exception of Sabella's team but that is also a stretch) and were far from having their best generation.

Talk about oxymorons. So Argentina created the most chances in both finals but were boring but Chile who sat back and played for penalties deserved the titles. Keep you anti Argentina bias to yourself. Chile will now go back where they belong as nobodies on the international stage. Their junior teams are terrible.

AURELIUS

What a pack of mentally unhinged, violent thugs these Chilean players are. I feared for Argentina's safety from the get go. Chile should have had at least 4 players sent off in the first half alone (Medel, Pulgar, Isla, Jara). Fully undeserved red for Leo, just as when Argentina were cruising and playing them off the park as well.

Ref and Chile made the match a complete disgrace.

That is the only way they can compete and have done for most of their history. Medel chased the referee along with most of the Chileans before the incident. The referee was a clown as most CONMEBOL officials are. Pulgar should have had a red for his challenge on Paredes.

AURELIUS

Funny how Argentina always win against Chile when it matters the less.WC qualifiers, group stages, 3rd place matches, but they somehow bottle 2 finals against them.

They did not bottle the finals. Higuain missed two presentable chances to win each game. But of course Messi gets the blame for not having done enough.

Leo_Messi

Talk about oxymorons. So Argentina created the most chances in both finals but were boring but Chile who sat back and played for penalties deserved the titles. Keep you anti Argentina bias to yourself. Chile will now go back where they belong as nobodies on the international stage. Their junior teams are terrible.

What the hell are you blabbering about? Which oxymorons? What anti-Argentina bias?:lol: Have you seen my flag and location? If you bothered to read my reply you would realize that I was "defending Argentina" by not agreeing with them choking against Chile in those 2 finals (coin flips) and that Chile (at that time) were one of the best national teams out there with their best generation in history.
Anyway Chile, unlike Argentina, had a genuine playing style and an entertaining one at that too. Unlike the mess that Argentina has been playing wise. Bielsa's and in particular Sampaoli's Chile teams were widely admired for their football. Rightly so.

I don't care about the Chilean national team nor does it make any sense whatsoever to compare Argentina with freaking Chile. Next I will compare Spain with Norway pedigree wise or Italy with Belgium.

Last edited:

AURELIUS

Ah out comes the simpleton with his emoticons. Perhaps you ought to read what you wrote before you start blabbering from the mouth.

People should give credit to that Chile team. Fully deserved that years of excellent football was awarded with trophies unlike those boring Argentina teams.

Yes the very boring Argentina teams of 2006 to the present who actually try and play attacking football whereas Chile and virtually anyone else Argentina encounters decide to bunker with ten behind the ball. Your selective amnesia precludes you from being able to actually remember the details of both Copa finals. Suffice it to say what you have written is utter garbage.

Leo_Messi

Ah out comes the simpleton with his emoticons. Perhaps you ought to read what you wrote before you start blabbering from the mouth.

People should give credit to that Chile team. Fully deserved that years of excellent football was awarded with trophies unlike those boring Argentina teams.

Yes the very boring Argentina teams of 2006 to the present who actually try and play attacking football whereas Chile and virtually anyone else Argentina encounters decide to bunker with ten behind the ball. Your selective amnesia precludes you from being able to actually remember the details of both Copa finals. Suffice it to say what you have written is utter garbage.

Listen wannabe Argentinian idiot, I can become personal very easily as well. That is no achievement on its own. Just speaks volume about your lack of intellect and ridiculous ad homimum attacks and even more ridiculous claims of me being "anti-Argentina". Nothing more than a laughing smiley is fitting for such nonsense.

The only simpleton is you who refuses to admit that Chile played much more entertaining football with a much more clearly defined playing style under Bielsa and Sampaoli which culminated in 2 Copa América wins (Pizzi's 2016 win was a continuation of Sampaoli's legacy) and great performances at the 2010 and 2014 World Cups for a nation the size of Chile and with their more than average football legacy.

2 finals is not going to change that and an opponent can be marginally superior in 2 final games (not like Argentina were vastly superior in either of those 2 finals to begin with) without that superior team (in those two finals) having been better in that same time period playing wise and in terms of having a clearly defined playing style. It seems that you are incapable of understanding such a simple fact.

To begin with it makes no sense to compare Chile with Argentina. For starters, even at their worst, Argentina's squad were always superior (vastly) on paper.

But sure, Bielsa's and Sampaoli's Chile teams were trash, did not achieve anything, were not widely hailed as great, tactically innovative and entertaining teams, those teams did not have players that are known as the best Chilean generation to date, I was not directly defending Argentina and contrary to what I wrote I was actually calling Argentina chokers for losing to the best Chile teams in history (coin flips) etc.:lol:

2006 has absolutely nothing to do with Bielsa's or Sampaoli's Chile teams does it, genius?

As a final remark, I suggest to actually read what a user is writing before getting your panties in a twist and suffering from some serious seizures of some sort.

Last edited:

AURELIUS

Listen wannabe Argentinian idiot, I can become personal very easily as well. That is no achievement on its own. Just speaks volume about your lack of intellect and ridiculous ad homimum attacks and even more ridiculous claims of me being "anti-Argentina". Nothing more than a laughing smiley is fitting for such nonsense.

The only simpleton is you who refuses to admit that Chile played much more entertaining football with a much more clearly defined playing style under Bielsa and Sampaoli which culminated in 2 Copa América wins (Pizzi's 2016 win was a continuation of Sampaoli's legacy) and great performances at the 2010 and 2014 World Cups for a nation the size of Chile and with their more than average football legacy.

2 finals is not going to change that and an opponent can be marginally superior in 2 final games (not like Argentina were vastly superior in either of those 2 finals to begin with) without that superior team (in those two finals) having been better in that same time period playing wise and in terms of having a clearly defined playing style. It seems that you are incapable of understanding such a simple fact.

To begin with it makes no sense to compare Chile with Argentina. For starters, even at their worst, Argentina's squad were always superior (vastly) on paper.

But sure, Bielsa's and Sampaoli's Chile teams were trash, did not achieve anything, were not widely hailed as great, tactically innovative and entertaining teams, those teams did not have players that are known as the best Chilean generation to date, I was not directly defending Argentina and contrary to what I wrote I was actually calling Argentina chokers for losing to the best Chile teams in history (coin flips) etc.:lol:

2006 has absolutely nothing to do with Bielsa's or Sampaoli's Chile teams does it, genius?

As a final remark, I suggest to actually read what a user is writing before getting your panties in a twist and suffering from some serious seizures of some sort.

Says the deluded numskull who is exactly describing his own symptoms. You spewed an utterly trite comment which you cannot defend. And now are writhing around trying to justify it. As for intellect I suggest you don't try using that word again unless you want to discuss the sciences arts and humanities in depth. You are no Kurt Godel simpleton.

Leo_Messi

Says the deluded numskull who is exactly describing his own symptoms. You spewed an utterly trite comment which you cannot defend. And now are writhing around trying to justify it. As for intellect I suggest you don't try using that word again unless you want to discuss the sciences arts and humanities in depth. You are no Kurt Godel simpleton.

Carry on embarrassing yourself for all to see and showcasing your low IQ, cretin. Everything that was written is crystal clear. Not my problem that a wannabe Argentinian Brit is unable to comprehend his own native tongue. Now stop wasting my time and quoting my posts. I have wasted enough of my time on you already.

Home of Barca Fans