Cr150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't care if he plays or not tomorrow from a sporting perspective, I just wanted to make sure he is not going to get our players infected.

KingLeo10

Nah of course it won?t be. Already seen those clashes in their primes, 2009 Final and 2011 Semi Final and we all know what happened then.

W :lol:

It actually is pretty intriguing how their H2H record in either the CL or LL is never mentioned in these debates. I'm not saying it's the only metric but if we're giving CR7 credit (and totally justified) for his CL exploits, it would be nice to see more appreciation of how Messi fared v him H2H.

Last edited:

serghei

W :lol:

It actually is pretty intriguing how their H2H record in either the CL or LL is never mentioned in these debates. I'm not saying it's the only metric but if we're giving CR7 credit (and totally justified) for his CL exploits, it would be nice to see more appreciation of how Messi fared v him H2H.

Well, Messi faced him as part of arguably the greatest side ever... so...

Morten

Against a United team who made CL Final 3 times in 4 years..... hardly facing a bum team in 2009.

To put it into context, even at their peak(07/08), they just sat back against a not very impressive Barcelona, scared to come out, and squeeked out a 1-0 over two legs.
World class team, but clearly a significant gap between the two teams at their best.

KingLeo10

Well, Messi faced him as part of arguably the greatest side ever... so...

United 2008-2009 and RM 2010-2011 sides were top class top to bottom. Not very objective to summarily dismiss them, even if Pep's Barca was the best.

But that's only the CL piece.

Messi outperformed him in LL H2H from 09-18 and CR7 had the better team (11-12, 12-13, 13-14, 16-17, 17-18) in half of those years.

Last edited:

Batistuta9

The overall head to head matches between the two, I'm sure Messi must be better. Ronaldo did score a lot of goals, but I can't remember many games where after a match between them I thought 'ronaldo was amazing'. Some of Messi's best games of his career have been head to head against Ronaldo.

Vilarrubi

The overall head to head matches between the two, I'm sure Messi must be better. Ronaldo did score a lot of goals, but I can't remember many games where after a match between them I thought 'ronaldo was amazing'. Some of Messi's best games of his career have been head to head against Ronaldo.

Messi:
ElSniIFWoAEM5NV

Ronaldo:
ElSnhemWMAABgMX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans