Cristian Tello

WaveGnom

I think about all the hype on Deulofeu and I just think Tello is far closer to contributing to the first team than Cristian...Can't recall the last time our left side produced so many goals in such a short period of time

Yes, but this game Tello played vs a 3 tier team that had already given up at that point. I don't think this game proves much at all. We must also remember that Tello is 3 years older than Deulofeu. Deulofeu has already established himself on the B-team, but is still adapting to senior level. I'm sure his time will come. His raw talent is immense.

gingerless

i do love his ideas and his pace but this was a dead game he was playing in... credit to him though, i mean, looked a lot better than deulofeu when he played for us. even though their circumstances were different (delo with a heavier burden on his shoulders, maybe vsing harder opponents) it's important to note performances like this especially because he was given a chance, and he shined. nothing more he could have done tbh, great performance.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
i do love his ideas and his pace but this was a dead game he was playing in... credit to him though, i mean, looked a lot better than deulofeu when he played for us. even though their circumstances were different (delo with a heavier burden on his shoulders, maybe vsing harder opponents) it's important to note performances like this especially because he was given a chance, and he shined. nothing more he could have done tbh, great performance.

That's the thing, for me...Given a chance, and shines...He's also the same winger that shined in preseason, along with Cuenca...He has all the traits of a La Masia product, works his socks off and completes the taks given to him...He is supposed to be that left wing danger and he was...I haven't seen one performance of Deulofeu where he has accomplished that even if he's had limited appearances

I'm merely pointing out that the club hasn't had a consistent left sided threat in quite a long time...Not sure if Tello will be that consistent threat but for one night, the attacks came mainly from the left

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
After re-watching the game I noticed that not only Tello's goals were VERY Henry-esque, but his way of playing also is very similar to that of the Frenchman. The way Tello beats his marker, the way he runs up the flank and the way he crosses and connects with the rest of the team.

Wouldn't mind seeing more of him, especially since our David is injured.

Wouterinho

I loved his performance against L'Hospitalet, he seems to have a lot of potential.
& Comparing him to Deulofeu is a bit silly, at age 17 Tello wasn't able to play for the first team (Deulofeu hasn't played amazing games for the first team but chances aren't given like that, he probably deserved the chances he got because of what he showed on the training ground). However I have to admit that in the coming year, I'm expecting more of Tello than of Deulofeu. Tello just seems an amazing winger who combines all the normal skills wingers have (pace, technique,...) with goalscoring ability. Hopefully we'll see a lot more of him in the next games.

BerkeleyBernie

His finishing was excellent- once he picked his spot, he nailed it.

Didn't really see evidence of vision on his passing- he certainly put the ball constantly into dangerous areas, but he wasn't picking out targets, for the most part. It's dependent on his teammates being in those areas to convert the chances he works excellently to provide. This is more opportunistic and less conservative than the default Barça approach, which is to work possession, even in the box.

Banana-Rama

he's a bit like jeffren, good but not barcelona good, don't think he'll make it to the starting 11, good player tho.............

KhaledBarca

Another Golito then?
Nolito waited until he's 23/24 to get his chance with first team..Tello is still 20 !!
Great performance by Tello, hope he takes his chance in the next Copa vs Osasuna.. so we can judge him better..

I wouldlike to see this line-up vs Osasuna.

Tello Pedro Cuenca
Thiago Cesc Busquets Xavi
Abidal Masche Pique
Pinto

note:
- Iniesta ( injured) should be available against Espanyol.
- Villa, Afellay (long term injuries)
- Messi, Alves still on holidays, Maxwell ( has some problems in Brazil).
- Alexis, Puyol ( doubtful.. Alexis trained alone)

Note: Barca vs Osasuna on 4 Jan at 10PM Barcelona Time!

Onuphrius

I wouldlike to see this line-up vs Osasuna.

Tello Pedro Cuenca
Thiago Cesc Busquets Xavi
Abidal Masche Pique
Pinto

Let's try something bit more ambitious.

Tello-Pedro-Cuenca
Thiago-Cesc
JdS
Abidal-Pique-Fontas-Montoya

Since Jonathan is temporarily getting promoted, he should get a chance. Maxwell for Abidal, if there aren't any problems and Pique/Masch to pair with Fontas. Front three is the biggest question mark for me. I would really like to see someone from B-team to play as CF, but since we can't take Soriano there really isnt that many to choose from. Rafinha of course but somehow I'm now comfortable with that idea.

Home of Barca Fans