David Alaba

Windhook

The knee tear pandemic is taking over football. Managers and coaches have been warning the governing bodies in football for over a decade for the heavy scheduling. But greed never listens.

Another study, I read, is related to 2020 COVID lockdown. Calm your tits, I didn't say "vaccines".

El Gato

Villarato!
Meaning what
Players got locked down so their knees are all of a sudden made of dust? :lol:
Tenuous stuff

If there's anything that's different it's the additional strain of international games that 'matter'.
Impose call-up limits for Nations League (i.e. you're only allowed 3 players already registered for regular qualifications for tournaments) and you're automatically giving 2/3s of those players affected a rest, while also redistributing the NT burden amongst players who dont normally get the callup. People arent gonna be that much less likely to watch the Nations League if Ronaldo aint there - they barely care for it anyway
But to impose that you'll need a players union calling for it anyway - and they wont be in favour as things are cuz they dont want to choose to get less money

Maradona37

The knee tear pandemic is taking over football. Managers and coaches have been warning the governing bodies in football for over a decade for the heavy scheduling. But greed never listens.

Another study, I read, is related to 2020 COVID lockdown. Calm your tits, I didn't say "vaccines".
Speaking of vaccines, have now got a letter in to get one later this month. However, I really don't wanna keep getting them if it is pointless. I don't feel I am that at risk (though I wouldn't wanna pass anything on to him vulnerable mother).

What would you do? Do you think I should get it or not? I can see the pros and cons for both getting and not.

Windhook

This is amateur leagues. Nothing to do with the real world
Even explicitly says there's been no change in Bundesliga in the introduction
The title is misleading.

This prospective registry study compares the incidence and patterns of ACL injuries in all professional men’s soccer clubs in Germany and all non-professional clubs of the Bavarian Football Association before and after the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown. Injury data have been recorded in a standardized manner in the prospective nationwide ACL registry in German soccer since the 2014–15 season. The present analysis includes all injuries occurring between November 2019 and July 2021. All soccer players with a new ACL injury who had actively played in one of the German men’s professional leagues (1st-3rd men’s professional league) or in the Bavarian amateur leagues (4th–7th men’s amateur league) during the study period were included in the study population.

El Gato

Villarato!
The title is misleading.
It isn't, just sources data from both pro and semi-pro databases
And concludes there's no difference in pro football, while massive difference in amateur leagues

If anything what it should tell you is that indeed, no effect on players in top teams, but fatasses who plays Sunday league are less well off because they've missed out on fitness training

El Gato

Villarato!
Indeed. As I said it's another study that doesn't hold much value.
Well, not to us looking at pro players being overworked playing 60 games a year no
But it does have some merit in highlighting how players that dont have the backing of club facilities/preparedness may have had bigger problems

Windhook

What would you do? Do you think I should get it or not? I can see the pros and cons for both getting and not.
OFF TOPIC - my aunt is a retired nurse. She's also diabetic and as a person who's concerned about her health, takes flu vaccines every year for the last 20+ years.

If you are healthy and rarely suffer flu symptoms - absolutely not. I double vaccinated during COVID, nothing changed for me. I've been able to get out of bed since 2010, when was the last time I had flu like symptoms.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yeah - basically because in all likelihood you're a fatass scouser who rarely leaves the basement and cant run further than from your house to the nearest convenience shop, you might wanna consider it

But if none of this applies, you're in the clear

Maradona37

OFF TOPIC - my aunt is a retired nurse. She's also diabetic and as a person who's concerned about her health, takes flu vaccines every year for the last 20+ years.

If you are healthy and rarely suffer flu symptoms - absolutely not. I double vaccinated during COVID, nothing changed for me. I've been able to get out of bed since 2010, when was the last time I had flu like symptoms.
Yeah just cos you mention vaccines, sorry off topic post

I might not bother getting flu of covid vaccine then

khaled_a_d

The amount of games are too much. I hope the players succeed in pushing back on FIFA's new big Club World Cup garbage.

CWC is going to be a big deal for most fans outside Europe.
If there is a push against more games, it should come from UEFA and then local leagues tbh.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
CWC is going to be a big deal for most fans outside Europe.
If there is a push against more games, it should come from UEFA and then local leagues tbh.

La Liga, FIFPRO have filed a complaint today to the European Commission so let's see what happens with that. Won't be surprised if EPL, Bundesliga and others join in eventually.

Home of Barca Fans