David Luiz

klik

that's great defending but in nearly all of those clips he's taking risks and has players around him.

can he defend with such balls when it's just him and his CB partner and maybe a DM?

technically and stylistically he's very much like puyol, but puyol can do those sorta things when it's just him and his CB partner. I'm not saying dvdlz can't, it's just that at barca he won't have so much potential cover around, and how will that affect his mentality? coz if it softens his resolve and confidence even just a bit then he's gonna lose his edge.

Give me a break, Benfica is a offensive team, plays with a lot of offensive players.

RB - Maxi Pereira ( Former Winger)
DC - Luisão ( Brazilian international)
DC - D.Luiz
LB - Cesar Peixoto ( Former Winger)

Only 1 Defensive midfielder - Javi Garcia ( Awesome, Amazing Player. Thank you Real Madrid)

1 Offensive midfielder - Pablo Aimar

2 Wingers - Di Maria ; Ramires

2 Strikers - Cardozo; Saviola

That´s a offensive team!!!!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Give me a break, Benfica is a offensive team, plays with a lot of offensive players.

DC - D.Luiz

Only 1 Defensive midfielder - Javi Garcia ( Awesome, Amazing Player. Thank you Real Madrid)

mate, I barely watch benfica these days, I'm going by what I see in that video. and that is david luiz doing a lot of front-foot defending with players around him.

my question is can he do those things isolated? or can he defend on the back foot?

and they're not questions asked with any doubt implied, they're literal questions. I don't know if he can, so, you tell me if he can.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
mate, I barely watch benfica these days, I'm going by what I see in that video. and that is david luiz doing a lot of front-foot defending with players around him.

my question is can he do those things isolated? or can he defend on the back foot?

and they're not questions asked with any doubt implied, they're literal questions. I don't know if he can, so, you tell me if he can.

Isnt that we need? a front foot defender? Chyg is a backfoot defender and so is marquez. Puyol is practically the only one that plays as a front foot defender or a stopper as I would like to put it.

David Luiz and Caceres have a similar playing style however Caceres is 1 and half brain less than Luiz from that video. And that video showed that he is more than capable of doing it against big oppositions like Porto.

All Hail David Luiz!

:whacky:

J

jayjay

He better not do that isolated, if he looses the ball than it's game over.
I don't know why klik got insulted, it was a clear doubt.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Isnt that we need? a front foot defender? Chyg is a backfoot defender and so is marquez. Puyol is practically the only one that plays as a front foot defender or a stopper as I would like to put it.

David Luiz and Caceres have a similar playing style however Caceres is 1 and half brain less than Luiz from that video. And that video showed that he is more than capable of doing it against big oppositions like Porto.

All Hail David Luiz!

I dunno, piqué can defend on the front foot too.

but yeah a front-foot defender to replace puyol would be good, but my point is can he defend on the back foot if he has to? can he defend to that level when he's not surrounded by players (i.e. does he have the balls to do it). puyol has those things, so I'm wondering if dvdlz does.

jamrock

I dunno, piqué can defend on the front foot too.

but yeah a front-foot defender to replace puyol would be good, but my point is can he defend on the back foot if he has to? can he defend to that level when he's not surrounded by players (i.e. does he have the balls to do it). puyol has those things, so I'm wondering if dvdlz does.

His name is Muniesa

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

All Hail David Luiz!

Luiz is a slightly slower than Caceres but is more skilled (he's much more of a stopper than a sweeper but he's good on the ball) and much smarter. He's actually the perfect compliment for Pique.
:worthy: David Luiz

DC - D.Luiz

+500000000

Benfica is an offensive minded team, there's a lot of help defense but Luiz is much of an active stopper than Chyg had to be on Shakthar for instance.

Last edited:

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
David Luiz reminds me of Puyol all the way, not just the hair he's just as scrappy as puyol and just as fierce.With a bit more a lot more of that vital pace.

I'm wondering why Barca didn't sign this guy he's half an inch shorter than Dyma at 6'2 and a half he's much faster and is the same age.Chances are a bid of 25 million euro's would have been more than enough to sign him.

This a is definitely a facepalm moment .

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Can Luiz distribute the ball like Chygy can?

He does have his share of long-range passes and his stint playing LB for Benfica definitely is helping him in that regard... That's why I keep saying he's a mixture of Puyol fierceness and Dima's distribution!!
But apparently Madrid had to back down listening to their demand of 50mill for him... Or we do have the first option on him and Di Maria ;)

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Luiz doesn't have Chyga's passing range, but Luiz + Pique would have more than enough passing goodness for generations to come.

Aasim

Bumbleman
How good can he get?

You have to look at potential here. If Chygg can develop into a better player then whats the point?

Home of Barca Fans