Declan Rice

wisconsincule

No one is claiming Rice is bad player or won't be a good addition, but the price is just ridiculous tbh.
If he succeeds and became a world class starter for Arsenal for next 7+ years, no one will care about the price, but if he fails it will be the type of deal that kills a project tbh

Very few players can handle the pressure that comes along with such a high profile transfer.

95% chance this guy is a massive bust.

Temptation

Enzo did pretty well considering he moved to a dysfunctional team mid-season in only his 1st season at Europe without knowing the language or the country.

Don't really see the point of comparing both Enzo and Rice as they compliment each other if they play together and have different roles to the team, but Enzo's profile is rarer.

The reason I'm comparing is coz I'm using Enzo as a precedent for the transfer fees asked for Rice.

BJJ

Player prices are insane today.

15 years ago a player like Rice would be worth 20 million or even less.

fergus90

Players like Enzo, Rice etc will always find it tough to justify their fee. Because they play in a position where a lot of their work goes unnoticed but also because there isn’t the goals or assists to please the statisticians.

Transfer fees in general are ridiculous.

Porque

Players like Enzo, Rice etc will always find it tough to justify their fee. Because they play in a position where a lot of their work goes unnoticed but also because there isn’t the goals or assists to please the statisticians.

Transfer fees in general are ridiculous.

Pass % only 89%. Meanwhile Oriol Romeu achieved 96.6% in the Premier League last season.

BJJ

Pass % only 89%. Meanwhile Oriol Romeu achieved 96.6% in the Premier League last season.
The thing with passing stats is you can do short passes backwards and sideways and achieve these stats. Means nothing much imo.

Jenks

I don't see Rice playing as a #6, he's not especially press-resistant. He'll probably play as a #8 doing the same kind of job that Henderson does at Liverpool, just levels above.

Home of Barca Fans