Do you approve signing Song for 20 mil.?

Song for 20 mil?

• Yes

Votes: 52 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 67 56.3%

• Total voters

AvocadoCake

20mil for a player who is strong, fast, has a great vision and technique, can play at several positions and is still quite young is a good deal, no doubt about it.

It's amazing how many people underestimate this kid.
:worthy:

Tito said he wants a player who can play in both CB and DM, and that's what we got (and for a bargain price for his ability).

numero

how can I possibly offer him good amount of minutes ? Baffles me ...

Just because we said we will sign another player , doesn't mean we have to for the sake of it .

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I find it interesting how people seem to consider him a CB or DM... we could have just as well signed Gerrard (like someone wanted us to) for that

TanzaBarca

Busquets sent Yaya to the bench. That should be a pretty good indication that we shouldn't want a lesser version of him.
may be we wanted a second signing for this season, he may prove me wrong but I dont think that Tito wants to apply a double pivot defencive midfield

FiReFTW

Not needed signing, but now its done.

We could have got a much better CB replacement if we wanted to sign a great defender, song is just average as both CB and DM.

oz187

He's going to be 4th choice CB, he doesn't need to be the best defender in the world, he just needs to be good enough to do a job if called upon.

Valdivia

Song is going to play Keita's role in the team. However, he is more versatile and can play 3 roles DM/CM/CB

For less than 20M its a bargain, especially with the current rates we hear about everyday in this crazy market. Honestly, I would've preferred a solid CB. But given the options available and Song's flexibility, I like this transfer. He is a great player, Arsenal's 2nd best player last season with 14 assists is pretty impressive. Solid, skillful, good on the ball, but he still doesn't convince me defensively, which is our main weakness.

JimmyGuitarist

Song's a brilliant signing. He can essentially give rest to every midfielder, defender & he'll bring his own quality as well. I saw almost every Arsenal game last season & he does have a tendency lose his discipline, but he played in a double pivot with Arsenal so he had a bit more license to roam. In the big matches though, he was disciplined.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, welcome to the forum.
Nice to hear an optimistic prediction from someone whose been following Arsenal that closely. :)

GSalimBarca7

song is a good player but he isnt a proper defensive midfielder he attacks too much even his national team coach said he is a better attacker than a defender

Home of Barca Fans