Eden Hazard

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Wat8.jpg

Barcilliant

LOL-typical. Some player gets into a run of form and suddenly he is up there with Messi and Ronaldo!!!

Hazard is OVERRRATED. He's a twat also but lets stick to his football. Very good player but hasn't developed the kind of consistency to be considered top 10. Not as if there are many creative talents in the Chelsea side anyway. Oscar is ok but Hazard sticks out because everyone else is mediocre.

Let Hazard score 25 goals and 15 assists a season for the next 5 seasons and then we can consider him balon d'or material. That idiot Belgian coach obviously doesn't know that players like Goetze and Neymar exist.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He's no Messi and Ronaldo. I love the guy and am a Chelsea fan, but people are jumping the gun. Even I am cause I get overexcited but I like to think I try to keep it more reasonable than some others(fans of Chelsea and the media) who make much bigger claims than what I do.

And by matchwinner, well, it can be described in many ways, some of the guys here have already said some things, but the game against Newcastle is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. As a team we played rather average, not bad, but nothing like we did at City. In the first half Newcastle had their chances, but Hazard took any wind they may have had out of their sails with his goals and all round play, Newcastle crapped their pants when he'd get the ball, he instilled a fear into them. If he wasn't in that kind of form, and I'm not saying we definitely wouldn't have won, but it would have been a lot less likely. Our 4-2 win over Sunderland is another example, 2 goals and 2 assists, our defence was so bad at that stage that if he hadn't been in that kind of form we probably would have dropped points. He can't always do it like that, nobody is perfect, especially a 23 year old who's still getting better and trying to be more consistent, but he's no doubt a matchwinner for us, more so than most of our players, especially when speaking in an attacking sense. Not to take away from the others, of course, they help him out too, it's always a team effort, but he ultimately is the one who provides what we need most at the end of the day, especially in recent times. He had some performances like this last season too, just not as consistently.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Great player and seems to have a better head on his shoulders than I initially gave him credit for after that self centered transfer spectacle

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yup, when we first got him I was a little worried myself after the whole touting himself out to the clubs that wanted him, but he's doing pretty well.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well after a few quiet games he got back in form during the second half, two nice assists and generally just looked more dangerous.

JamDav1982

he's 'carrying' chelsea, inconsistency doesn't drive you to first place.
i don't know what agenda you people have for hatin on him but he really is that good.

He isnt 'carrying Chelsea' at all and all teams that are top of the table will have players that are inconsistent.

Hazard is not brilliant every week at all and has been poor as much as been good this season.

ammarfcb

ze special one
whatever agenda you people have for hating on him, i'm not getting pulled into arguing for your entertainment (is it insecurity cause someone started a neymar-hazard thread?). anyway, your missing out on an enjoyable player to watch.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans