Edinson Cavani

Sailor Mars

Never impressed with him at PSG, although he was playing out of position to accommodate Ibra.

Missed too many easy chances. His conversion rate didn't pass the eye test.

Barcilliant

Never impressed with him at PSG, although he was playing out of position to accommodate Ibra.

He needs to be the main man. Yes, he could be more clinical but he was great at Napoli. I would take him for this season.

FinBarcelonafan

United fans saying: he was never too happy in Manchester. He was quality when he played, which wasn't often. Too many injuries but they like him. Not too bothered of him leaving because the injuries.

Short:
Don't expect him to play regularly. He will probably have injury issues, but when he plays he will play well.

As a backup OK, but don't make long-term contract.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I think he was never a player with a good conversation rate but guy never gave up and scored in a lot of big matches. When PSG lost 6-1 he scored their only goals and 'normally' this should have been enough to rescue psg. Against Portugal he scored a brace to kick us out of the tournament. His defense work has been also great. The only issue what i see are his injuries.

SmilerBam

I think he was never a player with a good conversation rate but guy never gave up and scored in a lot of big matches. When PSG lost 6-1 he scored their only goals and 'normally' this should have been enough to rescue psg. Against Portugal he scored a brace to kick us out of the tournament. His defense work has been also great. The only issue what i see are his injuries.

Also,he is a million years old.

behindbrowneyes

One of the best strikers still... When fit that is.

That's the problem: Club is dealing with the worst series of injuries in the attacking area and both players they are after (Ferran Torres and Cavani) as reinforcements are injured currently. I like both players on paper, but a broken leg from Ferran and 16 games missed due to different injuries from Cavani this season are some worrying signs.

Mateka

That's the problem: Club is dealing with the worst series of injuries in the attacking area and both players they are after (Ferran Torres and Cavani) as reinforcements are injured currently. I like both players on paper, but a broken leg from Ferran and 16 games missed due to different injuries from Cavani this season are some worrying signs.

Broken leg from Ferran?

Broken bone in his foot, last I heard

Tho the Spanish Team Coach did play him in the Euros knowing he had that injury, perhaps it spread up his leg. That was a poor joke.

Messi983

tru

But Ferran would be considered a strategic longterm signing so wouldn't really be the end of the world if he couldn't play for a few more weeks after joining us. We'll have hopefully Fati coming back, Memphis and Braithwaite's return should also be close and with emergence of Abde and Jutgla we could potentially survive a few more weeks. Ferran also has broken bone so should fully recover and not have any potential longterm issues because of that. Would be much more worried if he'd have known muscle or knee injuries. Still don't know if in our situation he's worth to spend on 50m+ though.

OTOH Cavani's injury/fitness concerns are more troublesome at his age. He'd be a short term signing so we should be able to get the most we can out of him for next 6 months. Even if signed on a 1,5 year contract we'll probably target another #9 in summer or go with a combination of Fati or Ferran as false 9s so Cavani would probably be relegated to a backup role next year. So if the club is concerned about his injuries and fears he won't be able to help us much until end of this season then we should sign someone else who can do that.

behindbrowneyes

Broken leg from Ferran?

Broken bone in his foot, last I heard

Tho the Spanish Team Coach did play him in the Euros knowing he had that injury, perhaps it spread up his leg. That was a poor joke.

Yes, you're right. I've read a bad translation and undetailed information on German transfermarkt - page and then believed he had broken his leg.

After doing some research, he has an injury in his forth metatarsal. So yeah, not as bad as I wrote, but something to take care off.

tru

But Ferran would be considered a strategic longterm signing so wouldn't really be the end of the world if he couldn't play for a few more weeks after joining us. We'll have hopefully Fati coming back, Memphis and Braithwaite's return should also be close and with emergence of Abde and Jutgla we could potentially survive a few more weeks. Ferran also has broken bone so should fully recover and not have any potential longterm issues because of that. Would be much more worried if he'd have known muscle or knee injuries. Still don't know if in our situation he's worth to spend on 50m+ though.

OTOH Cavani's injury/fitness concerns are more troublesome at his age. He'd be a short term signing so we should be able to get the most we can out of him for next 6 months. Even if signed on a 1,5 year contract we'll probably target another #9 in summer or go with a combination of Fati or Ferran as false 9s so Cavani would probably be relegated to a backup role next year. So if the club is concerned about his injuries and fears he won't be able to help us much until end of this season then we should sign someone else who can do that.

I agree with you on Ferran. The fact he won't be available from the start shouldn't play a role in the signing of a mid- to longterm reinforcement.

My only concern is that we desperately need a shortterm solution given our situation in La Liga. Table doesn't look as bad as it used to, but there will be fierce competition for the 3rd and 4th place until the end and to make things easier we need a reliable goalscorer. I liked Jutgla a lot (especially his movement and some nicely placed finishes) last weekend, but it was just Elche and still very early signs. Abde seems to provide some chaos on the wing for opposing fullbacks. I'd never thought I'd say one day I miss Braithwaite, but I did. He'd helped us when Dembele and Ansu still were injured and we literally had no options, but I just don't see him being a reliable goalscorer, ever. Ansu is our most clinical finisher, but it's hard to put too much trust into him due to his ongoing injury problems. Dembele too. I believe Memphis is better than he performed lately, but he needs better players around him and I don't think #9 at Barca suits him. LW is his best position.

Cavani's injuries lately are a pity. 20/21 Cavani would help us a lot, but after him being injured for more or less the whole season so far I have my doubts about him.

Devils

Cavani has accepted Barcelona's offer. Everything depends on Manchester United's decision now @sport

Home of Barca Fans