EL Round 16: Galatasaray - Barcelona 1-2 agg.

ajnotkeith

Yeah, really confused as to why we keep playing Nico at CM, for me he never fit there. His height and his ruggedness and going hard into tackles makes him a much more suitable CDM. Stop looking to FDJ for that and just give him the freedom to roam at CM, he's clearly more threatening going forward than Nico, plus Nico can't play CM, so it's perfect to just switch their positions around and start training Nico as the lone CDM.

Nico was bad at CDM when tried there. He doesn't interpret that position properly especially protecting defense and circulating the ball.

He likes to go forward and dribble and beat a man but when low on confidence as you can see affects that a lot and he is invisible. When confidence is high he can do well there.

Masetro10

This is the type of game where Barca plays stagnant and gets caught in the 88th minute on the counter and makes the 2nd leg so much harder than it should.

gregorrin10

These ridiculous crosses are such a waste

Yeah, it's not like Luuk the GOAT is on the pitch!

Jesus

We need at least a 3 goal cushion tonight

Not happening. 1 goal win would be great at this point. Hey, look at it this way, at least there's not gonna be any complacency in Istanbul. If we won in Naples, we can do it in Istanbul too. Not with this shit (underestimating) attitude, though.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

Nico was bad at CDM when tried there. He doesn't interpret that position properly especially protecting defense and circulating the ball.

He likes to go forward and dribble and beat a man but when low on confidence as you can see affects that a lot and he is invisible. When confidence is high he can do well there.

Then I don't think he has a future here, sadly. Gavi, Pedri, FDJ, and so many more top talents coming through at CM every year, it's literally the one position where we don't have to worry about buying anyone. Torre might be next in line, although I am hoping he'll get to play as a forward for the first team, need him there much more.

Masetro10

Barca's biggest problem is they can't just accept a 0-0 draw look at what almost happens here. Should be 1-0 down because the counter is always there. If we aren't scoring at least don't let 1 pass beat you.

Home of Barca Fans