Eric Abidal

Stric

what?
are we planning on renewing it?

No clear info yet. Some rumors say he won't be offered an extension, but an executive position at the club. Others also say he could go to PSG if his contract isn't extended. Roura said yesterday "Renewal Abidal? Now we'll see how he goes from here, how he recovers. We'll talk at the end of the season, no need to hurry." Anyways, it's either: 1) extension, 2) move to another club, 3) retirement.

oz187

It all depends in his health. He won't accept a renewal if he doesn't believe he can fulfill his responsibilities on the pitch for a whole season. Of course if the club have a major CB signing lined up then maybe they might not want to renew. But most likely they do, in fact I would say it's inevitible they will offer him a new contract. His presense is an inspiration to the squad, it fits in with the club philosophy of Mes Que En Club, and it saves lots of money as opposed to having to dip into the transfer market.

Stric

If he's already decided to retire (which I doubt), I don't think he'd even be offered a renewal. The thought of him declining one hasn't even crossed my mind. It's more likely that he won't get offered one even if he wants to continue playing for Barca.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I get the impression the club are uncertain what to do with him as no one expected him to do what he's done...It'd be a major blow to not renew him

poldep

I hope they give him a renewal. Abidal is a great example and inspiration for people all over the world fighting a life threatening disease. I am sure it will be good for Barca´s PR.

Stric

The human in me wants him to retire for his own "safety" (for the lack of a better word), but honestly, if he decides to continue, I'd be pissed if the club didn't offer him an extension.

BigBarcaBoy

The politics of renewal aside, the guy is just an absolute legend and hero and true inspiration, could have played the match in a pair of slippers.

Barcilliant

They should give him a one year extension. He clearly has something to offer. He has worked hard to come back-the man is an inspiration and example to the team. I hope that fuckwit Rosell doesnt just dump him.

Alik

They should give him a one year extension. He clearly has something to offer. He has worked hard to come back-the man is an inspiration and example to the team. I hope that fuckwit Rosell doesnt just dump him.
Agreed. A 1 year extension would be perfect.

CatalinR10

BIcOISYCMAAaAAt.jpg:large

His wife with his cousin Gerard traveled to Germany.

Home of Barca Fans