EURO 2016 Qualifying

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
IMO first half, Koke has been the best player for Spain.

Fabregas and Silva have been really poor.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Iker just lol. That was really horrible. Stupid goal to concede. I hope he does more of this in clasico.

F

Flavia

Spain lack fresh ideas. Vdb isn't the man to do it, though.

Gnidrologist

IMO first half, Koke has been the best player for Spain.

Fabregas and Silva have been really poor.
Huh? Koke seems like Sergi Roberto of Spain's NT. He didn't do a single positive move from where i sit.

I really don't understand why Del Bosque doesn't drop attempts to maintain tiki-taka. It doesn't work anymore. Especially given he is trying to integrate Costa. Costa needs direct passes. He wont make one-twos with Silva and Iniesta to walk the ball into the net and in all fairness, it doesn't seem that this Spain can do it at all anymore. Would be better to revert back to the style that was used under Aragones.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Huh? Koke seems like Sergi Roberto of Spain's NT. He didn't do a single positive move from where i sit.

I really don't understand why Del Bosque doesn't drop attempts to maintain tiki-taka. It doesn't work anymore. Especially given he is trying to integrate Costa. Costa needs direct passes. He wont make one-twos with Silva and Iniesta to walk the ball into the net and in all fairness, it doesn't seem that this Spain can do it all anymore. Would be better to revert back to the style that was used under Aragones.

You're not watching closely then. Koke is the lead tackler and lead passer so far in this game. He played well.

CuleLife4Life

Spain's era of domination is over but that doesn't mean they don't have potential to field a great team. There are an abundance of Spanish youth ready but with VDB at the helms, they won't get their chance until all of the 2008-2014 team retires. Prime example being De Gea who should really be starting right now.

And Koke has been playing great. One of the lucky ones because I'm sure if Xavi hadn't retired, he'd be playing right now.

F

Flavia

I really don't understand why Del Bosque doesn't drop attempts to maintain tiki-taka. It doesn't work anymore. Especially given he is trying to integrate Costa. Costa needs direct passes. He wont make one-twos with Silva and Iniesta to walk the ball into the net and in all fairness, it doesn't seem that this Spain can do it at all anymore. Would be better to revert back to the style that was used under Aragones.
Yes, back to that style would be better. Maybe vdb will realize it someday.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Tackler, maybe. His passes are all to the safety, nothing adventurous, which is what this team sorely needs.

He's playing with 3 attacking midfielders infront of him, he's role today is to circulate the ball and make himself available for support. He is doing this well.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Too much gilding the lily from Spain. Need faster passing if you're going to break the bus.

Alarcón

I really don't understand why Del Bosque doesn't drop attempts to maintain tiki-taka. It doesn't work anymore. Especially given he is trying to integrate Costa. Costa needs direct passes. He wont make one-twos with Silva and Iniesta to walk the ball into the net and in all fairness, it doesn't seem that this Spain can do it at all anymore.

So wait, if Spain lose to Slovakia, tiki-taka is dead, but if Barça win 6 out of 7 games and concede 0 goals with the exact same style it counts for nothing?

Would be better to revert back to the style that was used under Aragones.

Aragones, the guy whose team was the role model for Pep's tiki-taka?

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Aragones, the guy whose team was the role model for Pep's tiki-taka?

I agree, if anything VdB was lucky Aragonés left him a fully functioning team with a established play style and mentality, allowing him to ride Luis' lightning until the 2012 euros...

Home of Barca Fans