Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Morten

So, we are here. Gonna throw an eye on an opener tonight but obviously tomorrow it's gonna be really interesting with Croatia-Spain. Just hope both teams go for a win and don't calculate too much knowing there is also Italy to consider.

You are Croatian, right?

Was wondering how you felt about Croatia's chances in this group, is there perhaps a feeling, that the best years are in the past, with the golden generation on its last legs?

By far the most interesting group, on paper, most others look a bit dull.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

What prediction do you want? Tournament predictions or Germany vs Scotland prediction?

BTW, are you going to watch any matches in the stadium? 🇩🇪

Tournament prediction 💯

Yeaaah got tickets for Portugal Turkey, unfortunately the only match i got 😪

Otherwise public viewing is my best friend, especially for the Germany matches 🔥

Temptation

Is there perhaps a feeling, that the best years are in the past, with the golden generation on its last legs?
Ofcourse. This is pretty obvious.

Croatia do pretty well in WCs but have been pretty poor in the Euros. Euros are more physical than the WC and I don't think Croatia have any chance this time. Their 3 main players Modric, Perisic and Rakitic are all finished.

Group D is pretty great too.

Birdy

The pairings are really bad.
France England at SF is not good, should have been only possible in final
Italy Germany or Spain Germany very very soon
and other discrepancies

A better system is needed there as well.
The 'luck of draw' should be done with in all comps, it's killing football

Morten

The pairings are really bad.
France England at SF is not good, should have been only possible in final
Italy Germany or Spain Germany very very soon
and other discrepancies

A better system is needed there as well.
The 'luck of draw' should be done with in all comps, it's killing football

France England at SF is not the worst example, literally one game away from the final.

But overall, having a "Lucky" side of the draw feels wrong, i don't understand why they can't just draw each round individually after the games, instead of a pre-determined path, goes for both club and international.

Birdy

France England at SF is not the worst example, literally one game away from the final.

But overall, having a "Lucky" side of the draw feels wrong, i don't understand why they can't just draw each round individually after the games, instead of a pre-determined path, goes for both club and international.

Drawing each round is worst.
It gives 'luck of draw' effect multiple times until the end.

The correct format would have been brackets determined according to performance (best vs worst, etc.) and not according to draw. Pretty much like the new CL format, or what happens in basketball the last many years

WHY tf have the A group play the B group in the next round, just because someone was drawn at A group, and someone at B?
that is completely arbitrary and is not fair

Morten

Drawing each round is worst.
It gives 'luck of draw' effect multiple times until the end.

The correct format would have been brackets determined according to performance (best vs worst, etc.) and not according to draw. Pretty much like the new CL format, or what happens in basketball the last many years

WHY tf have the A group play the B group in the next round, just because someone was drawn at A group, and someone at B?
that is completely arbitrary and is not fair

Is it worse? I may remember wrong, but, didn't they use to do that in UCL for quite some time? Felt like the rounds were more even than the pre-determined paths as of recent years.

Oh well, the new UCL format is probably an improvement, though i haven't read much on it yet, but i trust you on that.

Birdy

Is it worse? I may remember wrong, but, didn't they use to do that in UCL for quite some time? Felt like the rounds were more even than the pre-determined paths as of recent years.

Oh well, the new UCL format is probably an improvement, though i haven't read much on it yet, but i trust you on that.

Some times the 'luck of draw' gives good pairings, but you can't count on that
Things like Inter-Atleti at R16 or City-Madrid QF this season in CL are abominations of the system that should never let happen

In the new CL format it is very simple: do well in all your group games against ALL opponents, cauz there is ranking and everything (even goal difference) counts towards getting better position,
which then determines the pairings for the knockouts: Best vs worst!
9th will play vs 24th, 10th vs 23rd, etc., for R16
then 1st will play winner of 15th vs 16th, 2nd the winner of 14th vs 18th etc. for QF,
and so on...

It's the basic fairness in a competition that at least respects and takes into accounts what teams do, instead of lumping them together in a random draw

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You are Croatian, right?

Was wondering how you felt about Croatia's chances in this group, is there perhaps a feeling, that the best years are in the past, with the golden generation on its last legs?

Don't know if best is over. Probably hard to repeat results from previous years but we kept thinking that things are over since the 90s.

I think we just about the same strength as in World Cup. 4 new starters, namely in defense, but it looks solid. Particularly Stanisic as RB.
Modric is obviously in his twilight and questions re. Brozović and his Saudi form. But I like kid Sucic and Majer.
New guy up-front is Budimir. While already 32 he is very energetic and coming off great season in Osasuna.

Much comes down to motivation and experience in these tournaments and I think we have both so I am optimistic.

Jenks

So, we are here. Gonna throw an eye on an opener tonight but obviously tomorrow it's gonna be really interesting with Croatia-Spain. Just hope both teams go for a win and don't calculate too much knowing there is also Italy to consider.
They should both be confident about getting a win against this Italy team.

Home of Barca Fans