Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ajnotkeith

Switzerland and Austria seem like teams England would underestimate and think were easier games 'on paper' - then they give England a beating.

Even there the now - watching BBC and Micah Richards and Gary Lineker extolling the abilities of the Swiss - then the bracket comes up and that muppet Rio Ferdinand goes on about how England have an amazing chance here. Did he not just watch this game? Switzerland the way they are playing are a hard game. Some of them never learn.
I really doubt that. England tend to lose to the top teams every tournament but they are usually quite consistent against B level sides.

Probably Germany will knock them out or they get KO in the final.

Maradona37

I really doubt that. England tend to lose to the top teams every tournament but they are usually quite consistent against B level sides.

Probably Germany will knock them out or they get KO in the final.
That's a fair point and I have predicted England to get to the final and lose to Germany.

However, I am saying that they underestimate these teams, then these teams have a real go at them. England usually do dispatch the 'lesser' teams but we will see if it happens this time.

Maradona37

It looks like Nagelsmann is going for more width, with Sane for Wirtz. With Denmark's three at the back getting in down the sides is more important for Germany, might explain why he's done that so as to not congest the middle. Denmark are also fairly slow overall as a team and Sane is rapid on counters.

Jenks

Switzerland and Austria seem like teams England would underestimate and think were easier games 'on paper' - then they give England a beating.

Even there the now - watching BBC and Micah Richards and Gary Lineker extolling the abilities of the Swiss - then the bracket comes up and that muppet Rio Ferdinand goes on about how England have an amazing chance here. Did he not just watch this game? Switzerland the way they are playing are a hard game. Some of them never learn.
They were good, but nothing like having to get past Spain, Germany, France etc.

There are many valid criticisms you can make of Southgate, but underestimating what the opposition can do to England is not one of them. He shows the opponent too much respect most of the time, if anything.

Home of Barca Fans