Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maradona37

Ronaldo at this point is essentially a lamp post, fit as he may be, you can't be fast and mobile when you are pushing 40, and he never was more than an average creator, not a playmaker.

Less of an issue for Pepe though, positioning can make up for lack off pace.
High IQ post.

khaled_a_d

I used to think Pogba got a bit too much credit for shouldering most of the creativity in the France side, but seeing the way they've played in this tournament maybe I underestimated him.

Pogba and Griezmann were the biggest heroes in 2018 along Varane, people really underrated their influence in that team.
Pogba is a wasted potential posr Juve, but he was essential part of Deschamps squad.

BerkeleyBernie

The last time Portugal had an ounce of flair was when Quaresma was still playing
They have flair on the right (Silva, Cancelo, Vitinha, Fernandes) but every fucking attack goes down the left.

Maybe it's because Portugal want to avoid a counter starting on Mbappe's side of the pitch. Whatever the reason, it's boring as fuck.

Maradona37

Pogba and Griezmann were the biggest heroes in 2018 along Varane, people really underrated their influence in that team.
Pogba is a wasted potential posr Juve, but he was essential part of Deschamps squad.
Yeah reckon I agree now. I was thinking of Griezmann alongside him by the way for the creativity.

Maradona37

He did a beautiful little backheel, but as I have said before, I still don't get it with Rafael Leao.

Maybe he will play like Rivaldo in the second half, but I just don't buy him as a top player. Very one-dimensional and relies loads on his pace.

Morten

Tbf, Pogba was great in the world cup, and then just did pretty much nothing at club level.

Funny how it can be, some players have absolutely stellar club careers and not doing much at WC, and then there is Pogba, who could do no wrong in 2018, and then pretty much stunk up the place ever since for club.

soul24rage

If Pogba was available

Maignan --- Kounde, Upamecano, Saliba, Hernandez---Cama, Tchou, Pogba---Griezmann, Mbappe, Barcola

BerkeleyBernie

He did a beautiful little backheel, but as I have said before, I still don't get it with Rafael Leao.

Maybe he will play like Rivaldo in the second half, but I just don't buy him as a top player. Very one-dimensional and relies loads on his pace.

The left side has no vision. Leao and Mendes are playing in their own bubble, even when Vitinha or Fernandes are avilable. They need to be told to NOT go down the wing EVERY fucking time.

Morten

There you have it again, Portugal breaks, player has nobody to play behind to, Ronaldo isn't even trying as he knows he can't run like he could 5-6 years ago!

Home of Barca Fans