Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Birdy

My Portugal XI 4-3-1-2

Costa---Dalot, Pepe, Dias, Mendes---J. Neves, Palhinha, B. Silva---Bruno Fernandes---Pedro Neto, Jota

Bring in Vitinha, Chico, Leao and CR7 as subs.

Leao has to start mate...
Difference maker

a 3-5-2 like they played so far, but with different personnel might work wonders:

----------Dias--Pepe--Inacio
Cancelo---Palinha--Neves/Vitinha--Mendez
----------Bernardo----Bruno
-------------------Leao

or more attacking with Jota/G.Ramos instead of Palinha or Neves

Many good XIs in 4-3-3 as well..

As long as CR7 stays away from the XI

El Gato

Villarato!
Poland actually better than Croatia this tournament while at the same time would probably have lost by 2 to Albania
Slavic clans unite in being shite

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
It's obvious Euro gets more attention since Europe is the center stage of world football with most stars residing there. Copa is obviously huge in South America and Euro big in Europe. Seems clear that India prefer European football, correct me if I'm wrong @draconifire @Temptation.

That said, can't say Copa is a trash tournament. Millions of people enjoy it and the teams are very passionate despite the individual quality maybe being a tad lower on average. Feels like the gap between best and worst is bigger in Euros and the level at Copa is more even.
Both tournaments can have boring games, so will the World Cup.
I would say almost every part of this world Euros will be far bigger than Copa. In India its not even close, Euros are widely televised and has a pretty good schedule.

Horatio

You're welcome
There are european sides close to or around their level, does America even have a top 5 team other than Argentina these days?
According to latin american brethren:

Colombia is strong and Uruguay.

I don’t trust Uruguay one bit personally e.i. Araujo and Suarez. Pains me to say. But apparently playing well. Then you have Brazil. Ecuador has grown in recent years.

Don’t know what US is up to. Colombia beat them 4-0 in friendly

Morten

I wouldn't trust Spain much, they basically won all their big trophies in one go, with their best generation ever, outside of that, they don't live up to expectations very often.

El Gato

Villarato!
Croatia will probably beat Italy TBF and might slip through if GD (or GF, not sure what the decider is) favors
Is why groups are normally a lot more fun to keep track of with room for mistakes

Givenchy

I wouldn't trust Spain much, they basically won all their big trophies in one go, with their best generation ever, outside of that, they don't live up to expectations very often.
If Spain qualify first, what's their route? Feel like France/Germany will feast on that defence.

Birdy

Croatia will probably beat Italy TBF and might slip through if GD (or GF, not sure what the decider is) favors
Is why groups are normally a lot more fun to keep track of with room for mistakes

beat Italy?
They are levels behind

ajnotkeith

Watching the game I didn't have the idea Croatia are really any better than Albania to be honest, they have technically strong players but they seem physically quite weak, especially in the midfield.

Unfortunately Albania missed a major chance to win this game and actually get points from Italy as well so we probably won't qualify, as we need a win vs Spain now. Could even have won the 2 opening games, oh well.

kilian

Croatia completely
Watching the game I didn't have the idea Croatia are really any better than Albania to be honest, they have technically strong players but they seem physically quite weak, especially in the midfield.

Unfortunately Albania missed a major chance to win this game and actually get points from Italy as well so we probably won't qualify, as we need a win vs Spain now. Could even have won the 2 opening games, oh well.
Croatia completely dominated almost all of the second half, but they miss proper wingers and their defending is amateur-level. They look like they miss a player or two when defending.

Home of Barca Fans