Europa League

Redbuck

Something tells me that this Sevilla side that we beat 6-0 over two games in La Liga, would beat us if the competition was named UEFA Europa League

fergus90

Xabi Alonso looking like a very promising manager. Leverkusen were just above the relegation zone when he took over, they're now 6th and in the EL semi finals.

jamrock

Xabi Alonso looking like a very promising manager. Leverkusen were just above the relegation zone when he took over, they're now 6th and in the EL semi finals.
Facts and they place some nice footballers as well.

Future Madrid manager maybe.

Morten

Still waiting for EPL to completely dominate Europe as la liga did for most of last decade.

Is the EPL the best league and has been for a while? Yes, but considering the big financial gap, what they are doing is not all that impressive.

JamDav1982

Still waiting for EPL to completely dominate Europe as la liga did for most of last decade.

Is the EPL the best league and has been for a while? Yes, but considering the big financial gap, what they are doing is not all that impressive.

Why would you expect them to dominate in the way Spain did? Those teams are maybe the two top club sides of all time.

There is not a huge financial gap between EPL top teams and other top teams are spending really.

jamrock

Agreed, I was watching the pre game show on CBS yesterday, Henry and carragher, were saying literally the same thing.

For all the talk of EPL dominance and the financial advantage they have, it hasn't been carried over into Europe, we have 1 English team left, that's pretty.

Spanish & Italian teams truly dominated when they were on top.

JamDav1982

Two English teams left... if count conference.

If City were to win CL then it would be 3 different winners from EPL in last 5 years and two all EPL finals.

Four different EPL teams made it to the CL final in 5 years and some more than once would be fairly dominant.

IF City win it would still be fairly dominant.

EPL for all its money is also very volatile. Boards are shitting themselves and making many quick/rash decisions as so much at stake at both ends.

Leads to teams in a lot of turmoil and can be up and down if dont get it right.

Morten

Why would you expect them to dominate in the way Spain did? Those teams are maybe the two top club sides of all time.

There is not a huge financial gap between EPL top teams and other top teams are spending really.

I'm not just talking UCL, Spanish sides won EL 6 or 7 times in the last decade also.

You can say the EPL-sides don't need the money as much in lower european tiers, but it still doesn't look good when these upper-mid table sides in EPL still don't properly dominate EL and conference, cause they absolutely should.

Last edited:

jamrock

I'm not just talking UCL, Spanish sides won EL 6 or 7 times in the last 10 decade also.

You can say the EPL-sides don't need the money as much in lower european tiers, but it still doesn't look good when these upper-mid table sides in EPL still don't properly dominate EL and conference, cause they absolutely should.

Yep especially after people constantly tell us how much better mid tier EPL teams are compared to those in la Liga, but I've said it before when they meet in Europe it doesn't ring true.

Home of Barca Fans