Europa League

Temptation

It's unfortunate, because Klopp era Liverpool have literally lost 2 Prem titles by 1 point.

2 points. The difference between winning 1 PL title and 3 PL Titles.

Tell me about it!

I blame Klopp for the second CL final against Madrid. He had the better team and couldn't get us over the line. He's not a serial winner/tactical master like Jose or Pep.

I bet Jose wins that final against Madrid with ease.

Birdy

It's annoying that an obsolete dinosaur with antiquated tactics won the third tier European competition last season, and is going to win the second tier European competition this season.

Seems there is still room for his shithousery in whatever is below top tier
Of course that stuff doesn't work where there are truly elite sides to play against.

ajnotkeith

Tell me about it!

I blame Klopp for the second CL final against Madrid. He had the better team and couldn't get us over the line. He's not a serial winner/tactical master like Jose or Pep.

I bet Jose wins that final against Madrid with ease.
Could be seen this year vs Madrid too... 2-0 up fairly quickly and should've really managed result from there as can be seen Madrid are relatively easy to stave off if you keep an eye on Vinicius specifically.
Fell into the trap of trying to go for more and ultra aggressive and pissed it down the drain.

Temptation

It's annoying that an obsolete dinosaur with antiquated tactics won the third tier European competition last season, and is going to win the second tier European competition this season.

Of course that stuff doesn't work where there are truly elite sides to play against.

Because like it or not, he's one of the greatest tacticians to ever live.

Barca's ex manager Bobby Robson said he has never seen better tactical analysis on opponents than the ones Jose provided him.

Funny how Jose comes from the Barca school of coaches and is on the opposite end of the spectrum as Pep.

You can disagree with his style but can't question his results. Wins everywhere he goes with any kind of budget. Unlike a certain Pep who can only win with the best squad in the competition by far(still took him 5 years to get City back into CL semis after Pellegrini did). So much for tOtAL fOoTbALl and Cruyff's philosophy.

Like Jose once said in a press conference before a Barca "Who is Johan Cruyff? Why should I comment on him?" :lol:

Morten

Then again, you never gave Sevilla a chance at any stage in EL this season, so you better hope they don't win it, right?

Birdy

Then again, you never gave Sevilla a chance at any stage in EL this season, so you better hope they don't win it, right?
I didn't, but I don't mind them winning it.

The last coach worked wonders and its shows. Has nothing to do with history and all that.
That's irrationalism at its best
The history of the players that make up the team creates mentality not the history of the club

Home of Barca Fans