The season has started!

Unfortunately no Nico probably

But an Olmo for us

Felix has gone

Lewa and Gundo are 1 year older

Ansu is back

What can we expect this season?

JohnN

I would say Copa as anything else would be abovr and beyond the squad's capabilities. Some players are still too young, some are getting really old and until now, the team hasn't improved from last season. RM has the upper hand for the League, it would be a big surprise if we could get it.

Loki

RM has the upper hand for the League, it would be a big surprise if we could get it.
They have the better team, but our playstyle is still more suitable to win against the smaller teams. The league isn't decided in the clasicos, but against the likes of Alaves, Mallorca and Getafe. If Flick manages the team in the right way, so we start winning against the smaller teams consistently again, I have a good feeling we'll get the league.
Madrid's playstyle isn't suited very well for the league, that's why they couldn't dominate it for a longer term in the last decades. They could of course repeat last season, but I doubt it for now, Mbappe or not.
Injuries will play a big role too of course.

Maradona37

They have the better team, but our playstyle is still more suitable to win against the smaller teams. The league isn't decided in the clasicos, but against the likes of Alaves, Mallorca and Getafe. If Flick manages the team in the right way, so we start winning against the smaller teams consistently again, I have a good feeling we'll get the league.
Madrid's playstyle isn't suited very well for the league, that's why they couldn't dominate it for a longer term in the last decades. They could of course repeat last season season, but I doubt it for now, Mbappe or not.
Yeah Barca style dominates leagues whereas RM 'moments' style is good for hanging on in knockout games. Whether that's true of these squads still I am not sure. But it's been a general rule in the last two decades.

If I was betting my house I'd still say Real Madrid will win La Liga, but I much prefer Barca so hope I am wrong. It would also be good to see some other teams emerge and give it a go, as Girona did for a while last season. Atletico seem to be in more of a funk right now.

Loki

Yeah Barca style dominates leagues whereas RM 'moments' style is good for hanging on in knockout games. Whether that's true of these squads still I am not sure. But it's been a general rule in the last two decades.
Last season Madrid played a near perfect league right? We were 10 points behind. Now let's remember the 3:3 against Granada at home, the 3:5 against Villareal at home, the 2:4 against Girona at home, the 2:2 in Granada, the 0:0 in Getafe.
I'd argue you can easily find 10 points more in these games if Xavi was a better manager. These losses/draws weren't the result because the opponents had a better team.

edit: And Madrid won both clasicos, meaning even though they were the best team in the world last season and played a near perfect league, they only had 4 points more against the other LaLiga teams.

Maradona37

Last season Madrid played a near perfect league right? We were 10 points behind. Now let's remember the 3:3 against Granada at home, the 3:5 against Villareal at home, the 2:4 against Girona at home, the 2:2 in Granada, the 0:0 in Getafe.
I'd argue you can easily find 10 points more in these games if Xavi was a better manager. These losses/draws weren't the result because the opponents had a better team.
True, I didn't really follow La Liga last season, was just making a general comment.

That's true as well - Xavi was all over the place, so if Flick can do the right things and instill some confidence and some good mentality, then Barca can win the league.

You're entirely right that leagues titles often come down to consistently against the lesser teams rather than doing well against your peers too. So if Barca can get into a pattern where they're winning most weeks that is what counts. You could even afford to lose one of the games to Real Madrid if you're accumulating more points than them across the season.

Let's hope you do it because - frankly - while they have a quality team, I am fed up of the Real Madrid hype. They do seem to win trophies very sneakily.

MontenegrinCuler

I expect from the team this season to be competitive and serious, that's all. I don't care if we get knocked out of UCL as long as we compete until the last minute and don't bottle it the most stupid way again. If we lose to superior teams at the moment, for example Man City, it's not all that scary. I honestly expect us to win CDR, because Madrid is probably not gonna focus so much on it. La Liga will, like always, be a tough battle so I don't know what to expect. Either way, this should not be a trophyless season - especially if Nico and Olmo both sign for us.

Porque

0102expectations.jpg

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The fun is over guys

The goal must be the la liga title. If we are 100% focused we will win it. Last season we should have won or at least deserved a draw against Real and won both times against Atletico while dominating them. We lost the league because of the small matches we didnt win. If we can keep our concentration, the ll will go to Barca 🔥🔥🔥

Cl would be nice but need a lot of luck

Home of Barca Fans