Fabian Ruiz

Maradona37

Think he is looking better than he is because Spain are the only side with a club football passing game and understanding, and also the slower pace and lack of press (bar Germany who were the second best side in the tourney- though should have had 10 men and way more cards).
That's a very good point - international football is more methodical often than the club game, and he has an advantage as you (and some of us others) have said in that Spain are a better unit and better drilled than many other international teams. It has let him play his own game. At club level it might be more frenetic at times and he might be pressed quicker.

Even in that second half tonight, Spain looked comfortable. France (one of the best international teams) weren't pressing like a club counterpart such as Man City or Arsenal or Liverpool would. Although ironically Ruiz didn't play too well in the second half, and made a few mistakes under these conditions, so who knows lol.

I have never really been much of a fan but fair play to the lad - he's been brilliant for most of this tournament and should be named in the Team of the Tournament, regardless of what happens in the final.

Porque

Cost PSG 22.5m by the way.

Also a shoutout to Gabriel Veiga who for half season looked like a much better version of Fabian Ruiz, and now I had to google his name to remember him.

jamrock

Could easily have won played of the tournament.

Enrique has the makings of a great Midfield at PSG if he can get the mix right.

I say it again like it did way back when, should have sold de jong and bought this guy.

Porque

Frenkie was insanely good under Koemans first stint as Netherlands manager.

No doubt in my mind that K-Dawg brings the Dutch to the final with a fit Frenkie in his double pivot.

jamrock

Frenkie was insanely good under Koemans first stint as Netherlands manager.

No doubt in my mind that K-Dawg brings the Dutch to the final with a fit Frenkie in his double pivot.

You should Instill more doubt in your mind, because K-Dawg trashed it against every decent team the dutch faced and well de jong is de jong.

Maradona37

Declan Rice is clearly better. He cost £100 million and plays for the greatest club in the world, Arsenal, in the best league in history.

This guy is a donkey who nobody in England has even heard of. How good can he realistically be? If the English media don't rate or know you, you can't be very good. They're the font of football knowledge.

Ruiz making Rice look like a donkey tonight is entirely down to Gareth Southgate. If Pep was England manager Rice would have destroyed Ruiz.

Porque

You should Instill more doubt in your mind, because K-Dawg trashed it against every decent team the dutch faced and well de jong is de jong.

He's way better than what they had midfield this tournament though. It's like going from Rodri to Oriol Romeu.

jamrock

He's way better than what they had midfield this tournament though. It's like going from Rodri to Oriol Romeu.
He probably is, but he's not a difference maker at the highest level, so the end result would have been the same.

Home of Barca Fans