Fabio Coentrao

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
:thumbdown:

more quantity than quality player.....typical mou player

He is a quality player, I just don't know what the hell are we going to do with such a large squad. I would not trade Marcelo for anyone, because he is our play maker.

fibetribe

Yeah, they have the deepest and most expensive squad, probably ever assembled. But their starting XI is still sub-par to their most relevant competition (guess who) and therefore Mou has to perform something of a miracle to bring more meaningful silverware.

On another note, I feel as if Coentrão could turn out to be hugely important for RM. What he will bring to the team is primarily offensive, and I do think he was bought because Mou has identified our right wing as a weak spot, something that Alves (as much as I love him) pretty much confirmed during his shaky Copa. As quick as he is, defensively, he is frail and as we saw, he was completely bamboozled by a quick 1-2 in the dying moments of the Copa del Rey. I dearly hope that I will be proved wrong over the course of next season, obviously, but I do have a gut feeling that, that was why they brought him in, even though they have Marcelo. As headless as their transfer policy is, I think there went more thought into this transfer than we might give RM credit. Their goal this season will obviously be to try and knock us of our perch so I think their signings have been strategic to that end.
Discuss.

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

Yeah, they have the deepest and most expensive squad, probably ever assembled. But their starting XI is still sub-par to their most relevant competition (guess who) and therefore Mou has to perform something of a miracle to bring more meaningful silverware.

On another note, I feel as if Coentrão could turn out to be hugely important for RM. What he will bring to the team is primarily offensive, and I do think he was bought because Mou has identified our right wing as a weak spot, something that Alves (as much as I love him) pretty much confirmed during his shaky Copa. As quick as he is, defensively, he is frail and as we saw, he was completely bamboozled by a quick 1-2 in the dying moments of the Copa del Rey. I dearly hope that I will be proved wrong over the course of next season, obviously, but I do have a gut feeling that, that was why they brought him in, even though they have Marcelo. As headless as their transfer policy is, I think there went more thought into this transfer than we might give RM credit. Their goal this season will obviously be to try and knock us of our perch so I think their signings have been strategic to that end.
Discuss.

Perhaps though i dont see that flank to much of a weakness or at least one that can be remedied. We still hold the aces, only concern for me is if we have a injury crisis. Their squad depth is the one facet they are probably better off in

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he's a fantastic attacking force but is no better a defender than Marcy. in fact he's probably worse as I don't think he's as quick.

Home of Barca Fans